• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Invention Needed Fast

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Would some one invent a device or what ever so the next time some solicitator calls me I could reach through the phone line and choke the bas***? Been home 15 minutes and have had 5 calls tonight solicitating and I am on the no call list. When I ask them how or why they are calling they are telling me there must be some mistake in the computer.:argueing::argueing::argueing::argueing:

murph

rico304

Hey Murph.

I used to have the same problem every night. I worked 11pm to 7am, so I really didn't want them calling in the evening. I signed up on the no call list twice, and had my phone company block all "blocked" callers. That cut the amount of calls I took in half. The only ones that got through were the ones that have their numbers come back as "unknown".

Good luck!!
Les

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
(I know this is going to bite me in the ass.....)

I don't know what I have done (or not done), but we hardly get any sales calls. If I had to guess, I would say we only get 2-3 calls per month. :a1:

We are on the do not call list, as well as having an unlisted & unpublished phone number.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I now get one or two calls a year. No call list. Unpublished, unlisted phone number. My credit cards, etc get notified exactly one time that if they call to solicit anything that I will drop the card. In fact if I get a call from one I immediately ask to speak to a supervisor, I inform them that I am on the no call list, I inform then that if they continue the solicitation that I will drop their service, I ask them to make sure they remove me from whatever list they have me on and I ask for their name and an office number where I can reach them. I've never had one, or even a division of one call me back. I never give my phone number out to anyone that does not absolutely need it and I don't consider credit card companies, deparment stores, etc people who would ever need it.

OkeeDon

I'm on the nationa| no-ca|| |ist, and that's OK, but I've been on the F|orida no ca|| |ist for 10 years, and that's the one with teeth. I have not had a so|iciation ca|| in that period of time. Registered charities and newspapers are sti|| permitted to ca||, but most of them have |earned that if you're on the |ist, you resent their ca||s as we||. Therefore, very few of them ca|| any |onger.

Anyone with whom you have a business re|ationship, such as a credit card, a|so has the right under the |aw to ca|| you. I find, however, that few of them ca||. If they do, a simp|e reminder that we are on the no-ca|| |ist for a reason, and they shou|d rea||y think about that reason, and they don't ca|| again.

As a resu|t, it's rare that we get more than one ca|| per month.