• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

You know what really grinds my gears? (a Squerly rant...)

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
You know what really grinds my gears? That asshole Geraldo Rivera.

Geraldo Rivera was running his mouth on Fox the other morning and it didn't take long to see he's not a fan of firearms. When asked his stand on the 2nd Amendment, Geraldo used the typical Liberal approach to debate by asking, (less of a question and more of a statement) "Who needs an assault rifle?" and the equally annoying, "Who needs magazines that hold 30 rounds?”

Just once I wish the interviewer wouldn't fall for this diversion and would instead get the debate back on track by letting Geraldo know that the 2nd Amendment isn't based on any qualifying "need" and then move on with what the debate was about, which was the 2nd Amendment.

But as is so often the case, the actual topic of discussion was redirected as the interviewer recited some case where an assault rifle (I know, it's not an assault rifle) was used to protect a storeowners property during the Watts riots. But these occurrences are few in frequency (in most peoples recollection anyway) and their value to the discussion was quickly diminished. At the end of the interview, those who weren’t paying attention to Geraldo's slight-of-hand tactics were left wondering; Just what does the average Joe need an AR-15 or large capacity magazines for? I mean, unless he's going to attack a movie theater or kill a bunch of kids.

But come on Geraldo, the subject of the debate was the 2nd Amendment, not whether or not someone needs something or not. I mean, why does anyone need anything Geraldo? Why do women need more diamonds? And bigger ones? Why do we need 500hp cars that go 200 mph? After all, the speed limit's only 70. Does Geraldo expect us to believe that anything over the basic requirement of life is excessive? Well Geraldo, in your mind we may not need these things but it's our right to have them if we so desire. It certainly isn't your business to make me qualify what those desires are and then justify them with you.

That being said, I believe the interviewer (and everyone else) knows the real answer to why we need an AR-15 with high capacity magazines, he just didn't want to go down that road. I think everyone knows we need to arm teachers and put guards at the school gates too. But nobody wants to admit we know these things because to do so means we admit our society (and nation as a whole) has deteriorated to the point that these measures are necessary. It means we have to face changes in normality, the same normality that helps us live our day-to-day lives in in the false knowledge that we're not drowning in chaos, even when we are.

So I'll be the bad guy and bring you the hard cold realities of life. We need AR-15's with high capacity magazines so we can protect ourselves and our loved ones from the evil's that exist in todays mismanaged world. We need them to equal the playing field when the hood at the end of the driveway is aiming one of them back in your direction. We need them to protect our liberties from a government that whittles away at our rights, little by little, with the ultimate goal of controlling an unarmed nation. We need them because the dark side of evil will always have them, and it sucks to be outgunned in a life altering situation.

But I digress.

Geraldo, you really grind my gears...

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
In fairness to Geraldo and his kind, it is not he that is the problem. After all, he accomplished his goal. Which was diverting the conversation from the second to the who needs what issue. The problem lies with the interviewers who allow the topic to be diverted.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Does he need to have a boat this big?

If he can have a big yacht, I can have a big magazine.

2163995843_c366536fda.jpg

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm a regular viewer/reader of foxnews. Not putting fox down but my opinion is they keep geraldo and colmes around just to maintain "fair and balanced". It's good clean entertainment when either of them is pitted against Hannity or O'Reilly. Sort of like wrestling on TV. I'm sure when the cameras shut down they slap each other on the back and say what a good show they put on.
I'm sure the MSM does the same thing.
Mike

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm a regular viewer/reader of foxnews. Not putting fox down but my opinion is they keep geraldo and colmes around just to maintain "fair and balanced". It's good clean entertainment when either of them is pitted against Hannity or O'Reilly. Sort of like wrestling on TV. I'm sure when the cameras shut down they slap each other on the back and say what a good show they put on.
Mike

Good point. Don't forget Juan Williams when we are talking about lefties to balance things out.

I wish FNC would send all their interviewers on a 1 hour crash course on the Second Amendment and how to defend it when speaking to the retards. It would do wonders. My wife's liberal friends stay away from me like the plague. I am sure that would come as no surprise to anyone here. I never let them divert. Their favorite tactic. You see it here as well.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh yes, I totally forgot good ol' juan!! I've noticed when all three are confronted they start talking like they're on speed trying to outtalk the other person. It's the only defense they have.
I enjoyed Hannity last nite as he had about 20 of the gun owners who were outed and a criminal defense atty who kept trying to use the 1st amendment to defend the newspaper. He said he would want a sign on his house stating "I have a gun". I have a feeling he may have set himself up for an unwanted sign,LOL!!
Mike

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Squerly, you need to go burn up a few hundred rounds to relieve the stress.:clap: Oh wait, you can't find any at the moment.:hammer::hammer:

Kane

Mike
You're right, Mike, in that FOX always trots out a lib to keep things "fair and balanced". Juan Williams, Bob Beckel and others, included to add the counterpoint and bring drama to the debate. But in Geraldo's case, he need not pretend to act like a real flaming liberal, because he is.

Sometimes the guy makes ya' wanna' throw a rock thru the teevee.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I have always thought of him as a joke . I really started hating that SOB"S guts after he reported the position of the 101st Airboure in Iraq when he was with them . My son was in the 101st in Iraq at the time and I would have killed that "mother fucker so called newsman" if I could have got my hands on him . He is still a greasy piece of shit !
Even the Mexicans consider him a piece of shit !