• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lost a best friend

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
It's something we all experience from time to time, but Monday I lost one of my best friends. Art was only 49. He was a diabetic, and like me had severe arthritis, but a much more positive outlook on life. No matter what happened he always looked on the bright side.

Last year they had to take his one leg off, and not once did he complain or was bitter about it. He was the most generous, heart warming person you ever wanted to meet. And funny too, we had so much fun playing cards.

Some in our group thought he was gay, and he and I played off of that and kept the group wondering about the both of us.

I met his sister and mother and I understood where he got his warmth and compassion from. He was the kind of person you just couldn't help but love, and I will miss him dearly.

:sad::sad::sad:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Very sorry to hear of your loss, Libs. It is never easy losing a friend. It leaves any empty hole in our lives that never gets filled again.

When we were younger we went to a lot of weddings. Now we go to funerals. :ermm:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear this dear.
It sounds cliche, but you'll have good memories and thoughts about him to sustain you for a lifetime.
:flowers:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
MrLiberty, I can empathize.

I'm pushing 70 and, especially over the last few years, I have lost most of the good friends that I had. I still have many acquaintances but only a couple of real friends left. I still sometimes sit and think about them while I sip a Scotch in the evening. It's all good thoughts and memories and I feel blessed for them having shared my life.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
MrLiberty, I can empathize.

I'm pushing 70 and, especially over the last few years, I have lost most of the good friends that I had. I still have many acquaintances but only a couple of real friends left. I still sometimes sit and think about them while I sip a Scotch in the evening. It's all good thoughts and memories and I feel blessed for them having shared my life.

What I find hard to believe is I'm only 61, and all my friends from high school have already passed away. Now I have just a small group of friends left. I too will have a nightly adult beverage and think about the times we had.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear. I have a friend in a similar situation. He already had a leg amputated. Now there's talk of removing both hands. Sad seeing him wither away.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Angelface

I'm sorry for your loss. :( those who leave such a positive and loving personality like your friend had, goes on to forever live in the hearts of many.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I am sorry for your loss Mr. Liberty. When I saw that your friend was only 49 that really hit me. My brother was only 49 when he died. That is way to young.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I am sorry for your loss Mr. Liberty. When I saw that your friend was only 49 that really hit me. My brother was only 49 when he died. That is way to young.

Losing people in their younger years, or when we think it's too soon before their time, is something I am very familiar with, with both family and friends.