• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

McCallin' All Cats 2018 Event Schedule

vintagebike

Power outage problems so I will have to post the McCallin' All Cats 2018 event schedule on Monday. But here is another pretty picture of the snow gracing much of the West. About 1 foot here overlooking Payette Lake and McCall.
IMG_5775.jpg

vintagebike

Welcome to McCallin' All Cats 2018 in McCall, Idaho!

This year we will start the events on Wednesday and end on Saturday to make Sunday a travel day. The host hotel is The Best Western McCall Lodge and Suites. We were able to get even better rates this year because Jessica the manager says "they were just a great group and a lot of fun". We have a block of 40 rooms available now for reservation and remember they have a very forgiving cancellation policy if your plans have to change. This is a very nice "home base".

So here we go.

Wednesday February 21 at Little Ski Hill

Travel to McCall and check into the Hotel. The Hill will open to us at 12:30 with the vintage ski area to ourselves till well after dark under the lights. The community of McCall will be invited up to see what Snow Cattin' is all about. Our insurance will allow us to give rides this year. Plan on an after dark parade. Cat skiing will be allowed too but the lifts will not be running. The local Chamber of Commerce will be helping put on a nice BBQ dinner for us and the townies with the proceeds helping the after school ski program. After the event you can leave your rig parked there to get a jump on the next day.

Thursday February 22 at Brundage Mountain Resort

Start the day at the Best Western with a very special breakfast just for our group indoors poolside. Those not staying at the hotel are welcome too. Then off down Hwy 55 to Brundage. They have a new event management team this year so look for a whole new experience. They will be opening up over 300 acres adjacent to the main runs. Trails will be packed just a few days before. The smaller cats that are 2000 lbs and less , Tucker front ski , most Imps and SUVs will be able to travel from the parking lot all the way up on the Forest Service Road to the Lookout and above. Brundage Catering will be fixing us lunch under their big tent set up the the outer parking lot. But wait, there's much more... after the lifts close they will be opening up the mountain to us to be able to travel all the way TO THE TOP overlooking Payette Lake, McCall and the valley beyond. We can stay on the hill as long as we want running till way after dark under our own lights. They just want us to be careful and not get in over or heads or tracks. If there is enough demand they can fix us a nice dinner at the Urt half way up the mountain for as many as 50.

Friday February 23 at Jug Mountain Ranch

The staff wants to lead a Dawn Patrol if at least 15 Cats are ready to go before 7AM! So we will all be parking our trailers and unloading at the maintenance lot and then running up to the Club House like last year. So far breakfast is not yet planned. Once at the start point there will be new routes marked up to the Upper Reservoir with out of area trails cleared all the way up to the state forest land. There will be a BBQ lunch at the reservoir with the warming hut open for snacks and maybe a keg too. They had a lot of fun hosting us last year and plan a few "surprises" this time.

Friday Night February 23 at McCall RV Resort Lodge

This year we will be having a catered dinner at a very nice local favorite. Nice fireplace, soft lighting and very quiet since it will be just our group and a few local friends. They will have the indoor pool open too. Tucker Inc will again have door prizes and some of the local companies and Forum members are planning on helping with a charity auction. Music? Dancing? Let me know.

Saturday February 24 at Cougar Mountain Wellington

Cougar Mountain Lodge has 7 nice rooms available and we have them all blocked. So if you want to travel down there on Hwy 55 towards Boise Friday night? The Lodge will be providing breakfast before we get going from the Wellington Snowmobile Park. Valley County will be grooming trail for us on their road well up into the mountain to the West of the Lodge. Some of us will be scouting the area in a few days and plan pictures and a full report.

So...what do you think?

vintagebike

Tried To get up Cougar Mountain road

Drove to Boise today and tried to scout the Cougar Mounain Wellington site but the snow is about 3 weeks early... did not get far in my truck:sad:

The goal

IMG_5785.jpg

The reality... so look to Google Maps?
IMG_5784.jpg

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Steve,

the event this year sounds very well thought out and organized, with excellent support from the venues, thank you for doing a good job and putting everything together and strongly believe it will be a grand event...

thank you

tuckerville minion

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds great to me! I'll be there! Hopefully there's some deep powder for us Tucker people. Leave the groomed trails for the other makes:brows: and I do want to thank you for putting on what looks to be a great event :clap:

teamster

I just booked the rooms, so I guess my Tucker better be finished. So there will be at least 2 Canadians with a slightly modified 1642 Tucker there. Thanks for all your hard work, and looking forward to actually having some snow to run in. My plan is to make a 2 week trip, that direction, so if anyone has any suggestions on where I could run around with a Tucker and a couple snowmobiles ( the wife prefers snowmobiling) I would greatly appreciate any ideas, or joining other people if they're going to run a round for a few days. I'll be arriving in McCall on Feb 20/18.

vintagebike

Almost ready to open

Snowing heavily today- Talked to the manager at Little Ski Hill today. They are really excited to have us back for 2018 and have some surprises planned too.:w00t2:
IMG_5800.jpg

vintagebike

Cougar Mountain Lodge

After the celebration dinner on Friday Night Feb 23, some of us will be lucky enough to have grabbed one of the seven rooms blocked for us and available at the Cougar Mountain Lodge and be able to get a head start on the Saturday festivities. Two of them are already taken so act quickly. I was there yesterday for a tour. They look just like upstairs at Grandpa’s house in the woods. Warm, cozy and clean. And only $50-$65 a night. @Cougarmountainlodge on Facebook. 208-382-4464. Friday-Monday, ask for Ginger or Patrick
72C4A014-7C32-4491-841B-C7BF4FAF3E63.jpg

08B86693-5229-415B-BF09-51213B50917F.jpg

272F7D2D-1F48-486F-BBE1-C1DC8B7E73A4.jpg

vintagebike

And then today

Here is a shot today from the road passing the airport leading up to Hwy55 and then to Brundage Mountain. You can see the the runs beginning to take shape. That’s where we will be Thursday that afternoon after the lifts close and long after dark too- all the way up at the top looking down on the spot from where I took the pic. Time to order those auxiliary LED light bars. :Jedi: :Jedi: :Jedi: :Jedi: :Jedi:

E4423A41-552C-4DBA-825B-67137787AC08.jpg

vintagebike

Targeezer2, You are officially signed up.:slider3: There will be more info on who, what, where, when and how much in the coming days and weeks. A Facebook page and a .com link are almost ready too.
Yes, there will be a nice map this time. :hammer: MVSC Crew

Last edited:

vintagebike

The locals in McCall are all excited too see the Vintage Snow Cats again. So how about posting a few pics of the Cats you’all will be bringing to McCallin’ All Cats 2018? There are already a few very rare ones in the mix. :drive2:

I’ll start it off with a 1958 AT&T Trackmaster 4VL- as found in California a bit northwest of Reno
D16B7B88-8708-4571-AF43-2F89AAF0B7C0.jpg

Last edited:

vintagebike

Re-Post of the McCallin' All Cats 2018 Event Schedule

Welcome to McCallin' All Cats 2018 in McCall, Idaho!

This year we will start the events on Wednesday and end on Saturday to make Sunday a travel day. The host hotel is The Best Western McCall Lodge and Suites. We were able to get even better rates this year because Jessica the manager says "they were just a great group and a lot of fun". We have a block of 40 rooms available now for reservation and remember they have a very forgiving cancellation policy if your plans have to change. This is a very nice "home base".

So here we go.

Wednesday February 21 at Little Ski Hill

Travel to McCall and check into the Hotel. The Hill will open to us at 12:30 with the vintage ski area to ourselves till well after dark under the lights. The community of McCall will be invited up to see what Snow Cattin' is all about. Our insurance will allow us to give rides this year. Plan on an after dark parade. Cat skiing will be allowed too but the lifts will not be running. The local Chamber of Commerce will be helping put on a nice BBQ dinner for us and the townies with the proceeds helping the after school ski program. After the event you can leave your rig parked there to get a jump on the next day.

Thursday February 22 at Brundage Mountain Resort

Start the day at the Best Western with a very special breakfast just for our group indoors poolside. Those not staying at the hotel are welcome too. Then off down Hwy 55 to Brundage. They have a new event management team this year so look for a whole new experience. They will be opening up over 300 acres adjacent to the main runs. Trails will be packed just a few days before. The smaller cats that are 2000 lbs and less , Tucker front ski , most Imps and SUVs will be able to travel from the parking lot all the way up on the Forest Service Road to the Lookout and above. Brundage Catering will be fixing us lunch under their big tent set up the the outer parking lot. But wait, there's much more... after the lifts close they will be opening up the mountain to us to be able to travel all the way TO THE TOP overlooking Payette Lake, McCall and the valley beyond. We can stay on the hill as long as we want running till way after dark under our own lights. They just want us to be careful and not get in over or heads or tracks. If there is enough demand they can fix us a nice dinner at the Urt half way up the mountain for as many as 50.

Friday February 23 at Jug Mountain Ranch

The staff wants to lead a Dawn Patrol if at least 15 Cats are ready to go before 7AM! So we will all be parking our trailers and unloading at the maintenance lot and then running up to the Club House like last year. So far breakfast is not yet planned. Once at the start point there will be new routes marked up to the Upper Reservoir with out of area trails cleared all the way up to the state forest land. There will be a BBQ lunch at the reservoir with the warming hut open for snacks and maybe a keg too. They had a lot of fun hosting us last year and plan a few "surprises" this time.

Friday Night February 23 at McCall RV Resort Lodge

This year we will be having a catered dinner at a very nice local favorite. Nice fireplace, soft lighting and very quiet since it will be just our group and a few local friends. They will have the indoor pool open too. Tucker Inc will again have door prizes and some of the local companies and Forum members are planning on helping with a charity auction. Music? Dancing? Let me know.

Saturday February 24 at Cougar Mountain Wellington

Cougar Mountain Lodge has 7 nice rooms available and we have them all blocked. So if you want to travel down there on Hwy 55 towards Boise Friday night? The Lodge will be providing breakfast before we get going from the Wellington Snowmobile Park. Valley County will be grooming trail for us on their road well up into the mountain to the West of the Lodge. Some of us will be scouting the area in a few days and plan pictures and a full report.

So...what do you think?

Aaron Tucker

great I just asked for the time off! Ill be bringing the wife and little Tuckers .Now the question is what snowcat should I bring ? The freighter or the Trooper ?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey, calling all Kristi KT3 owners, anyone of you wonderful and faithful Kristi owners thinking about coming to McCall, Idaho this year? love to show the snow trac guys, that kristi's are more than a pretty bathtub, pretty sure a Kristi can perform right along side a snow trac, all day long,

got my rubber duck hood ornament on my kristi and ready to go

Last edited:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
pretty sure a Kristi can perform right along side a snow trac, all day long,

got my rubber duck hood ornament on my kristi and ready to go

:yum: :yum: :yum:

But with the door open so you don't pass out.....

Lots of heat to! :yum:

Wait till you slip off the tracks trying to climb in, and smash your chin on the door frame. :unsure:

But yes, it might "run" with a Snow Trac. :whistling:

Regards, Kirk

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
:yum: :yum: :yum:

But with the door open so you don't pass out.....

Lots of heat to! :yum:

Wait till you slip off the tracks trying to climb in, and smash your chin on the door frame. :unsure:

But yes, it might "run" with a Snow Trac. :whistling:

Regards, Kirk

just looking to earn a little respect from the Kristi HATERS...:thumbup:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I bled my brakes the other day . Now my snow trac stops a little faster. Should have posted pictures.
Jim

Sno-Surfer

We are waiting for some more snow here. Then we should have more to say. Meanwhile I'm working on a hoop style canvas cover for the back of mine and a few misc items so she is ready for the McCall event. Us four will be there again and sure looking forward to it. Thanks for all the organization and planning to make it happen.
Otherwise just waiting for snow here....