• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Crazy weather is closing schools, snarling traffic.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems folks can't remember to slow down. The main interstate has multiple wrecks and school closings are everywhere. We are getting heavy snow right now but supposed to warm and turn to freezing rain. Still have the chains on my plow truck so no big deal to me.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
geez. we got a 2-hour delay if the snow was to ur chin in high school. we were that one school skipped on those delay/closings they would stream through.

elementary school:

my Mom: 'get in the shower. it's a school day. quit that incessant whining. quit that whining, or there'll be cream-of-nothing on this table fer breakfast. when u listen, there may, & i mean may, be cocoa pebbles available. then u can drink the milk- by the time u get throgh having that cereal, that'll be chocolate milk.' i'm getting ur Dad. that's enough of this.'
Dad would groggily arrive on the scene.
'aubrey! get to snooze, now, or i'll put u over my knee!'
mom: '-----!' 'i'm trying toget her ready for school!'
dad: 'aubrey! get ready for school! now!
me: 'u said i hafta stay in my room, Dad.'
Dad-might you be testing my authority, aubrey'

geez.

Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Feel like crap and have not ventured out yet. Raining now and up to 28F. Ice hanging on everything and covering the south facing windows. Turkeys came up and ate quick and went to the pines.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Crap rain/ice here and schools are on 2 hour delay. Warming tomorrow so it's time for the flooding to begin as all this melts.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just put wood in the boiler. Had to reach back in the shed with the rake to find some dry pieces to put in first. The stuff near the front is covered with snow and ice but it steams off pretty quick as it gets going. Temp stayed up in the boiler as it is a lot warmer than we have been having. Did not even try the car. Will get the truck out after a while and scrape it off the lane. At least we had a few inches of snow so it is not just a coat of ice on the road. Neighbor took his wife to work and said the roads are real bad. His 4X4 pickup has water in the fuel from the local place and so does his new tractor. He is a little upset at Williams oil.