• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Air Show Tragedy

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,373521,00.html

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. — A county coroner in Alabama says a 5-year-old was killed when strong winds blew over a row of tents at an air show in Huntsville.
Witnesses tell The Huntsville Times that a generator fell on the child Sunday. The Madison County coroner's office has confirmed the death.
Huntsville Hospital spokeswoman Pam Sparks says 12 others were treated for injuries, but only one, a different child, was admitted to the hospital. That child was in serious condition.
A meteorologist at the National Weather Service in Huntsville says winds reached 48 mph during the storm, which canceled the air show.

I was about 100 yard from this tent. Yesterday I went to the show with some friends and we had VIP passes and ate at this tent and watched the show from it. Today we went to the show and the weather was iffy. Dark clouds then sunshine. A really dark cloud came in and we headed for the car to wait it out. It rained for about 15 minutes and it was a little windy, but nothing that shook the car. Then we looked and saw the big tent torn apart. This was a really long tent that had loose walls on the side facing the run way along with a lot of openings. That was also the side the storm came from. I don't remember seeing and tent pegs or anything anchoring it down. Really a sad day. Here are some pics I ook from the car.

Attachments

• Resized_Storm damage (1).jpg
    Resized_Storm damage (1).jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Resized_Storm damage.jpg
    Resized_Storm damage.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 102

urednecku

Site Supporter
Re: Ar Show Tragedy

Man, that's bad. Something you wouldn't really expect to happen. I really feel for the family of that kid.