• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ford Logo

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I never noticed it before but Ford has places a little "e" within the F on their logo. My daughter said there is something to do with it with a persons name that starts with an "E". Might have to do some research on it.

murph

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Taking a look at the historical logos as listed on this page, I suspect the "e" has been there for quite a while. The most likely candidate for the "e" tribute is Edsel Ford (Henry Fords son) born in 1893 and died in 1943. The logo shown on the above website and dated 1912 appears to have the "e" within the F, so it is quite possible it refers to Edsel Ford.

Dave

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
DaveNay said:
Taking a look at the historical logos as listed on this page, I suspect the "e" has been there for quite a while. The most likely candidate for the "e" tribute is Edsel Ford (Henry Fords son) born in 1893 and died in 1943. The logo shown on the above website and dated 1912 appears to have the "e" within the F, so it is quite possible it refers to Edsel Ford.

Dave

Dave you are right. My daughter did think it was Edsel. My 2004 Ford Pickem up truck has it on it, been driving it two years and never noticed it. A Ford Plant was on the TV tonight and the logo there had it also.

murph