• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bathtub on the snow!

Kristi Kt-4

I was able to get my Kristi Kt-4 out yesterday. This is the first time in roughly 20 years that it has been on the snow. For you non-believers it was under its own power and here is a link to a video.... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAVgp0cq7uM"]Kristi Kt-4 - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• 20141116_152459.jpg
    20141116_152459.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 345
  • 20141116_152556.jpg
    20141116_152556.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 348

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
not to pick on you like we used to do to Allen, but that thing looks like it travels through the snow rather than on top of it. it has to feel good to show the non believers that there are a few kristies still drivable.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Seriously awesome.

Much fun as I poke at Kristi snowcats, the KT4 is one really neat machine.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Whoot. it must be quite a mental dilemma to get in old patriot while the orange is standing down.....

is there audible weeping sounds in the shop when you get back with the bath tub?

Kristi Kt-4

Mike- There possibly could be some weeping sounds heard from my shop but I will never tell. Its actually quite a noisy ride in the Kt-4 and from what I'm told from the passengers is a lil bumpy in the back.

Kirk- It has the 80hp Chevrolet Corvair engine. Only the first 4 machines had the Porsche marine engine. Those machines went to South America so who knows their history. The next step over time is to prepare it for a water crossing. I have an amphibious model so I have to test it out someday!

ChocoCat

It kind of reminds me of the Airstream Trailer. I would polish it like this and put an airstream logo on the back. Done :clap:
header-default.jpg

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mike- There possibly could be some weeping sounds heard from my shop but I will never tell. Its actually quite a noisy ride in the Kt-4 and from what I'm told from the passengers is a lil bumpy in the back.

Well, we'll see which cat shows up for the Groomer show and the clowder in the powder........

Which ones have hitches?

Kristi Kt-4

For the Tuckers, both the 342 and 442 have pintles and receivers. The Kt-4 has a pintle front and rear. The Kt-3 has a hitch for pulling a sled and the Thiokol has a pintle. I am not sure who will be the lucky one to go down to the groomer show yet. I am hoping to get a bigger trailer but if not I will make multiple trips with machines to the Cat Clouder.

Sno-Surfer

That thing is so awesome!! One of the coolest cats I've seen. Not sure I'd want to get on much of a side hill with it though! :w00t2: