• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Today me and my wife celebrate 20 years of marriage and things are out of control, we just wanted a quiet day but no it as turned in to a bbq for family, when i find out who invited the in-laws and the brother in-law that bores me silly they will be slapped big time.

Expect a very drunk and vocal Galvi today.:hammer::hammer::hammer:

I may set up the pool next to the trampoline just to get some laughs from my adopted son Jack:yum::yum::yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Out at camp for the long weekend. Somehow we managed to have the next 3 weekends with no kids.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got in from outside ... pulling weeds.

Go away for almost 2 months and leave your sister-in-law in charge and basically come home and start doing repairs and maintenance. She broke the lawn tractor, fortunately I never showed her (nor will I) how to use the big tractor so I can mow with that. She didn't take care of the pool properly, so I spent yesterday working on that. Pulled some weeds that were 1' to 3' tall around the INSIDE of pool fence yesterday too. And again today pulled more of the same size weeds around the OUTSIDE of the pool fence area.

LOTS of work to get the area around the house looking presentable again. Near as I can tell she mowed the lawn a few times and threw some chlorine shock into the pool but didn't really do anything properly. She broke the pool filter housing??? Replaced the filter with a clean filter but refuses to use filter cleaner to clean the filter that she she took out ... because it contains acid. So what good is replacing a filter with a dirty filter???

The totally blew up my BBQ grill, but honestly the valve was on its last legs so that is not really a giant surprise that it failed. But near as I can tell it failed in spectacular fashion!!!

Giant WASP nest in a fruit tree ... didn't bother to buy a can of wasp spray despite the fact that we left her one of our debit cards for needed items.

WELCOME HOME BOB ... here is your "to do" list.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got in from outside ... pulling weeds.

Go away for almost 2 months and leave your sister-in-law in charge and basically come home and start doing repairs and maintenance. She broke the lawn tractor, fortunately I never showed her (nor will I) how to use the big tractor so I can mow with that. She didn't take care of the pool properly, so I spent yesterday working on that. Pulled some weeds that were 1' to 3' tall around the INSIDE of pool fence yesterday too. And again today pulled more of the same size weeds around the OUTSIDE of the pool fence area.

LOTS of work to get the area around the house looking presentable again. Near as I can tell she mowed the lawn a few times and threw some chlorine shock into the pool but didn't really do anything properly. She broke the pool filter housing??? Replaced the filter with a clean filter but refuses to use filter cleaner to clean the filter that she she took out ... because it contains acid. So what good is replacing a filter with a dirty filter???

The totally blew up my BBQ grill, but honestly the valve was on its last legs so that is not really a giant surprise that it failed. But near as I can tell it failed in spectacular fashion!!!

Giant WASP nest in a fruit tree ... didn't bother to buy a can of wasp spray despite the fact that we left her one of our debit cards for needed items.

WELCOME HOME BOB ... here is your "to do" list.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Always a honeydo list when you get back from a trip. Just working on a couple simple projects at camp this morning.

Angelface

Mom tried taking me to church today.. i didn't go because I didn't want the looks or questions. I know there isn't supposed to be any judging in such a place but ther is. tomorrow we are going to spend some time in her garden if it isnt to hot while the kids play in the water.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I know how that is. I came from a small town of 2500 people where as soon as you fart the person down the block knows about it and reports to everyone how bad it smelled.

We are still out at camp but heading back today. First though we have to drive an hour in the opposite direction to meet with her parents since they have had our two youngest with them for a week. Then we head home.

Angelface

I know how that is. I came from a small town of 2500 people where as soon as you fart the person down the block knows about it and reports to everyone how bad it smelled.

We are still out at camp but heading back today. First though we have to drive an hour in the opposite direction to meet with her parents since they have had our two youngest with them for a week. Then we head home.

Lol. Fun.

Just sitting here today writing down thoughts and ideas. It's 72 out right now with a nice breeze. I think I may sleep the afternoon away outside.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Bummed out. I can't get gaged 12" x 36" x 1.5" bluestone anytime soon, and, just the shipping is $350.00. All I need is 54 feet.

So now I'll have to go 12" x 24" x random to get the top ledge of the porch anytime soon. The guy is going to buy a pallet load of standard blue stone and let me have first dibs on the pieces, so hopefully I can get them reasonably close to 1.5" thick.

Anybody have a line on gaged 12" x 36" x 1.5" blue stone? I'll rent a uhaul and drive to Pennsylvania if the price is right.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
spent a good part of the day checking out new campers at 3 different dealerships then going back to look at models that interested us the first time around. Forget about that camper I posted a link to earlier. It's the old case of you get what you pay for. They are junk. Sure they are light but the fit and finish is garbage. Open screws holding moldings on. Only two drawers in the kitchen basically at floor level. etc. As soon as I saw that I said nope, not happening. I'll keep our camper if that's the case. We did settle on an ultralight though.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Got two standing dead red oaks down and blocked up today . (26 &24" dbh )
Made two very full dump truck loads . Tired ,but always happy to scarf free wood .

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm with Melsdad!!!!

After being gone for about 3 weeks in Scotland, the place looks like crap. 100° temps, plenty of fertilizer and abundant water and I could bale the grass in the yard for cattle fodder. Jeez, I love to go away but I hate to come back!!!!

I wanted to be heading up to Colorado later this month but I don't know if I'm going to make it. Maybe it's time to start thinking about one of those zero lot townhouses ... nah, never going to happen!!!! You can't pee off your back deck in those without being arrested for indecent exposure.

So, it's going to be work like hell in 100° temperatures and try to get caught up only to take off and fall behind again. It's a viscous circle ... and I love it. I'm never going to die of boredom!!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I hear ya. Hate coming back to work after a vacation. I just need to make sure the lawn is done just before leaving in a few weeks. We'll be heading out with the camper and a truck load of kids for over 2 weeks on the road. Longest driving day of 4.5 hours.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Heading out to camp for a trip with a buddy of mine to bring out his pontoon.

Angelface

Was with the kids last night at the parade. After they would pick up the candy they kept handing it to me saying that they want mommy to have it. It was so cute I couldn't help but cry. Lol

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Garden day...bloody laurel bush can be hard work, lunch break for me and the 2 ladies.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 49

Angelface

Invited to go out tonight with a friend. A little nervous but it would feel nice to laugh and smile with someone again

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Good girl. Get out there and enjoy yourself.

Did a major clean up of the campsite this morning. Amazing how much junk accumulated in 3 years. Wanted to move stuff around so I can haul the camper home tomorrow. Then the daunting task of emptying out 7 years worth of stuff. Time to downsize some things before getting the new camper this week.

Angelface

Thanks but unfortunately I got ditched. :( Oh well.. think I will just call it a day and sleep the rest of it away. Have fun.. maybe you will find something long lost.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Just got back from the maiden voyage in my buddy's pontoon boat. It's an older one I helped rebuild over the past few months. She's not pretty but she floats.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Chasing the new puppy around the house!

She's pretty good. Mostly housebroken. But she begs for food and has some sharp puppy teeth. She barked at the flock of wild turkeys that came up to the house this afternoon. Took a 2 minute nap and that was enough to recharge her batteries. But she is a sweet little dog.

Got to meet the S-I-L's dogs. They all got along fine. Now she is begging for pizza scraps. We fed her 4 times since we got her home. Can't figure out how a dog so small can eat so much.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Bringing the camper home today to empty it out and get it ready for trade in this week.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Cleaned ,and serviced a couple of saws for neighbors . Gotta look at two standing dead oaks for another neighbor . Not going to tackle them without a second person . Heavy leaning dead oaks have a way of getting even with you if you aren't careful .

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Got the camper home and half empty. Apparently we have enough clothes in there to clothe everyone on the block for a week. Time for a good sorting through

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a very nice evening with my neighbour friends, Brenda, Larry and Kayla.
Kayla is the young adult daughter who is developmentally disabled.

We had grilled chicken thighs, cucumber and onion salad and fresh tomatoes from the garden.
Watched some of the Olympic coverage while playing Scrabble, then I rode along with them back to Van Wert so they could take her back to the group home in which she now resides.

All the way back she kept talking about "Benny" her boyfriend whom she met at Thomas Edison where she works.
I asked her if she ever kisses Benny and she started laughing like crazy.

Oh yes, I brought home a chicken thigh for Gretchen.
I de-boned it and put it on a plate.
Gone in 5 seconds lol

We're about to wrap up on one of our projects, a house which took about 5-6 months to remodel, not counting the sketching and brainstorming. It's very fulfilling but also quite difficult.

Right now a portfolio is in the works.

Angelface

I seriously feel like breaking something.. Idk.. like a plate or a glass... something to like take frustration out...

Status
Not open for further replies.