• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Winter Donations

AFFitness13

Good evening everyone. I am currently deployed to Manas AB, Kyrgystan. And if you are wondering, it is in the cold of the Tien Shan mountains. The base is trying to get donations for the less fortunate children in the area. They are asking for any kind of winter clothes up to the age of 18. If you would like to donate my address here is
Tina McCloskey
376 AEW/EFSS
APO AE 09353

I would like to thank you in advance if you do decide to donate

AFFitness13

I do not believe there is, but they do have those boxes that are at the post office that are standard rate, you can put as much in the box as possible. No weight limits.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I suppose some of the kids are big enough for adult clothes aren't they? I have no kids clothes but sure could send some adult left overs.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Any restrictions on package size, sealed boxes, etc...?
In the past I've mailed over (not just to Tina but other soldiers) some fairly large boxes. I'd suggest if you can find old shipping boxes from things like microwave ovens, those make good boxes because they are typically fairly sturdy and if you go much bigger they can be too heavy to reasonably ship.

AFFitness13

Thank you guys, for the generosity that you are showing. Doc, I am sure anything will do, and if it is too big for the younger kids, I am sure it will fit the teens. Again Thank you. I also wanted to say thank you all for the support that you constantly show me, and all others that are in the military. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We've had a suggestion to come up with a central point in the US to combine smaller donations into one larger box.
For those who were thinking of giving a set or two of gloves or maybe a toboggan or two, small things in general feel free to ship those to me, and I'll combine them all into one or more bigger boxes and ship them to Tina.
Please send to:
Greg Perrine
68745 SR 124
Reedsville, Oh 45772

lilnixon

AKA LILVIXEN
GOLD Site Supporter
John and I went to the Good Will and Salvation Army stores in town, and got some very nice sweaters, some boots, and a few coats, they have been packed and shipped to Tina.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm planning to send mine out in the next week. If anyone is sending to me please be sure to let me know so I don't have to ship two separate packages.
Good idea Janelle! :thumb: I had not considered that. I'll make as stop at our local goodwill store and see if they can help fill up my box. :D