• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Movies that you would like to see remade .

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
There seems to be quite a few remakes lately . One that I'd like to see done is
"Curse of the Demon / Night of the Demon" from 1957 . Pretty good story line ,but the special effects was limited by the 50's technology .
How 'bout youz guyz ,any movies that you'd like to see redone ?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Goonies
Scarface
Escape from New York
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
The Professionals

Those are just the ones off the top of my head, which is generally a very scary place.:whistling:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
How about some originality from the drug addled lib-tards in Hollywood and instead or rehashing, rebooting and ruining someone else's idea come up with something new.

So the short answer is there are no movies I want to see remade.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
How about some originality from the drug addled lib-tards in Hollywood and instead or rehashing, rebooting and ruining someone else's idea come up with something new.

So the short answer is there are no movies I want to see remade.

I tend to agree with you. The old classics were classics for a reason. You can tart them up, digitize them and load them with special effects but that doesn't necessarily make them better. Although, and this might get me hung, drawn and quartered, I did enjoy the remake of "True Grit" and I'm looking forward to the remake of "The Magnificent 7". On the whole, leave the great movies from yesteryear alone and use some imagination ... find something new.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I also agree with one other note. and that is when they remake them, they always replace the actor with a minority to make it politically correct. smokey and the bandit just wouldn't be the same with black lead actors

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
It would also be fun to remake some of those old campy sci-fi films from the 50's.

The Blob
Kronos
Just to name a few.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
It would also be fun to remake some of those old campy sci-fi films from the 50's.

The Blob
Kronos
Just to name a few.

They did remake the blob and it was awful. They also did a remake of Journey to the Center of the Earth in 1993 and again in 2008.

They also did a remake of ON The Beach which also sucked.

Today's hollywood can't hold a candle to what was done years ago. There is no talent left that can come up with anything original. These kids today who are the so called writers have no life experience and think most people are stupid, which is telling when watching some of the crap that comes out of hollywood these days.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn,.................. I still miss Mystery Science Theater on Sat mornings

I think it was called Science Shock Theater when I was a kid.
It was on a Dayton channel.
The first time I ever saw Creature From The Black Lagoon, and other classics in black and white, which made them creepier.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think a remake of the movie "1984" would be double-plus-good.

I'd also like to see a remake of Stephen King's "The Stand". That PG rated TV miniseries didn't even come close to doing the story justice.