• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Irresponsible Neighbor

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
My idiot neighbor is planning on abandoning his outside cats and moving. I have tried to help the guy because he is perpetually broke by hiring him to do things like painting around my house and this is the thanks I get. First he lied to me and told me that even though he was losing his house (because he is to irresponsible to to keep a steady job and make his payments) he would be able to rent it back and live there. That isn't really the case because he will only be able to live there for a few more weeks.
I had to find that out second hand from his girlfriend when I went looking for him because he had promised to give me a ride in lieu of repaying me the 10 bucks he had borrowed.
So I guess he just thinks I will take care of the cats because over the years other cats of his have drifted over to my house half starved and I have take some in and fed others outside and I have bought him big bags of cat food I gave to him to help him out.
It's just a big mess.
I have enough problems of my own without being stuck with his.
He has a job now that seems to pay pretty well I don't know why he can't pull his head out of his ass and get his act together.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Cat, it's because that is how some people are wired. It's in their nature, for whatever reason, to take advantage of others.

In the prime example that I know I'm convinced that it's because it's how he proves to himself that he is "smarter" than the people he takes advantage of. In his convoluted mind that somehow makes him "better". In his case he comes by it honestly. His father was exactly the same.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
My Dad used to always say 90% of all the folks you will run into are really good people. Now that leaves the remaining 10%. The assholes, jerks and dick heads of the world. Looks like you got yourself a 10%er for a neighbor. :hammer: