• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Considering a lawn sweeper, any recomendations?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
With all the rain we've had it's tough to keep the grass mowed right when it needs it. This has led to more clumps of grass when mowing due to the height. I've thought of getting a lawn sweeper before but something else always came up. Now seems to be the time to get off the fence and buy one.

I've looked at some reviews and the agri fab 48" 25cf came out pretty good, as did the John deere 44" 24CF model sold by Lowes. I've also seen good stuff on Brinly 42" and Cub Cadet 44".

All these have empty from the seat lever, but some comments say the bag or wheels are cheap and don't last. So I am hoping for help from some of you who have used a sweeper.

TJE

GOLD Site Supporter
I have the Agri-Fab 44". It is easy to put together and works great.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very few leaves. I'm mainly after the grass clippings.

k-dog

I think the one I use is from tractor supply. It was given to me and works quite well. I use it on about 4 acres and it really picks up the grass quite well. Watch trying to run over large clumps or piles as it doesn't like that. This one looks pretty cheap but has done quite well. I've used it for 3 years and leave it set out in the weather and it was used many years before that by someone else.
I tried blowing the grass in rows to make less passes but that didn't work so well. We usually mow all the grass and go back over it with the sweeper.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I've had an Agri-Fab for over 18 years. It came with the house when we bought it. I haven't used it in years. I used to use it to pick up the pine needles that covered the yard every spring and use them for mulch around the veggie garden. And then ... I put a mulching kit on the mowers I've had for the past 15 years. It does slow down your rate of mowing especially in tall, wet stuff but for me that's not a hardship. My yard is too rough to mow very fast anyway without breaking something, either you or the mower.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I use an AgriFab and it works well.

A couple things to note about all of them.

- Don't set the brushes too low. If they hit something rigid, they may bend. I keep a couple spare brushes on the shelf so I can do a quick swap if/when needed.

- Wet grass is really heavy. If you're not using the self-dump and have to carry the bag, don't fill it too much. I normally wait a day after mowing. They're much lighter after a day of drying.