• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Why are the Democrats still running the show?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Has anyone wondered how the republicans own the house, the senate, the White House, most Governorships and most state legislatures, yet the Democrats are still setting the agenda and running DC.

Why are not the Republicans shutting down all this investigation bullshit? Are the Republicans truly the wimps we always thought they were, or does it go deeper then that? There really is only one party and most of the Republicans want Trump gone as bad as the Democrats and are more then content to kiss Demoncrap ass in order to get it.

What does that say about the character of these so called Republicans? We all understand that the Demoncraps are mentally ill and brain dead, that much is obvious, but what is also obvious is the fact the Pubs are putting the welfare of maintaining the swamp above the welfare of the country. I mean really, when McCain comes out and stays stupid shit like Obama was better at foreign policy then Trump, then something big is amiss. Benghazi, Syria, Libya, Iran deal, Cuba deal just to name a few of the Chocolate Dictator's screw ups, yet McCain wants to blow smoke up our collective asses and try and convince us he was better then Donald. What a crock of horseshit, from one of the biggest bull shit artists ever. Let's be honest here, if his old man wasn't an Admiral, little Johnie would never have had the opportunity to crash 3 US Navy aircraft because he did not have the balls to hold his altitude and not hit the deck during a SAM barrage.
This may just make them worse then the Demoncraps. What say you?

Last edited:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
McCain is an embarrassment to the state of Arizona. And to the Republican party.
He is senile and the reason Obama was elected
Yes I do think that he served his county well in Vietnam and has done well since then. But it's time (and has been for years) that he move aside.
He is a walking advertisement for why we need term limits.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Simple answer ... the GOP are a bunch of pussies and really don't want to enact the agenda they ran their campaigns on because they don't actually believe in that stuff.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think the Republicans and Trump are getting more done than most realize. But of course the left wing media will not tell anyone any thing positive about the Trump administration.

The left controls the majority of the media. And, they like to lie a lot, or omit..

Get used to it.

Regards, Kirk

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
IMO, Trump ran on a promise to drain the swamp and they, meaning repubs and dems alike, are all inhabitants of the swamp. If the repubs don't get their azzes in gear I foresee a 3rd party becoming a major threat to both parties.
Trump should never have run on repeal and replace ocare. Just kept quiet and after inauguration told the dems they fully own ocare, so whatever happens is on them but he will veto a single payer system.
Mike

rugerman

I think that the republicans are afraid of making the necessary hard choices for fear that they might piss someone off and they won't get re-elected. Politicians make campaign promises but few follow tru once they get elected. Trump is not a politician he IS following tru on his promises. That scares the hell out of the rest if the critters in Washington. The democrats with the help of the media are screaming that Trump's agenda will destroy the country and the republicans are too stupid to get behind him and use their position as the majority party to push Trumps agenda. No guts no glory!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I think the Republicans and Trump are getting more done than most realize.

Kirk, I think that Trump is getting a whole bunch of stuff done. By repealing and replacing Obama's Executive Orders with his own, Obama's heritage will be reduced to, "He occupied the White House for 8 years" and nothing more. He who lives by EOs, dies by EOs.

The Republican Party on the other hand, can't seem to get anything out of first gear. They should be riding roughshod over the Dems to pass legislation but I'm hard pressed to think of anything substantial that they have achieved in the past 4 months. Correct me if I'm wrong.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Kirk, I think that Trump is getting a whole bunch of stuff done. By repealing and replacing Obama's Executive Orders with his own, Obama's heritage will be reduced to, "He occupied the White House for 8 years" and nothing more. He who lives by EOs, dies by EOs.

The Republican Party on the other hand, can't seem to get anything out of first gear. They should be riding roughshod over the Dems to pass legislation but I'm hard pressed to think of anything substantial that they have achieved in the past 4 months. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Totally correct, sir. Trump is getting things done. The Republicans are doing nothing but sitting around playing grab ass with each other. It is as simple as that.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I think the Republicans and Trump are getting more done than most realize. But of course the left wing media will not tell anyone any thing positive about the Trump administration.

The left controls the majority of the media. And, they like to lie a lot, or omit..

Get used to it.

Regards, Kirk

I agree. I've stood in front of a few senators and reps over the years and asked them to fight back against the mainstream media. They indicated they were afraid to do so. Trump is not afraid of the MSM and he is fighting back against it. That monopoly has to be broken up. It is the biggest threat to our country.

How? Instead of buying packages of channels from cable and satellite companies, we should be able to pick and choose our channels. If the liars at CNN that ALWAYS lie want to continue lying, I don't want to pay them to lie...and they can go out of business. And Fox needs to get better too...or go out of business. I don't want to pay for Spanish channels.....Spanish people can pay for them or learn English! And homosexuals can pay for their own channels.

The bottom line is that we either get good products or they go out of business.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Republicans are part of the swamp Trump wants to drain so they will not act. They are also afraid of the media and will not stand up to them. Because of this we are going to have at least four years of this crap. Trump can do a few things, but he needs the support of his party which he will not get.

As to third party's being a threat to dems and repubs, not a chance. Both parties have so rigged the game that third parties do not stand a chance in hell of taking over anything. Big money is staying with the dems and republicans.

Both parties suck, big time, and I believe we are looking at the end of our great country as we once knew it. In 2018 the dems will take over the senate again, and quite possibly the house, and then you will see a Constitutional crisis as they will hammer impeachment proceedings against Trump. If the Repubs keep one of the two houses, it will be bad, but not as bad as it could be.

Glenn9643

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

In my thinking this is Trump's accomplishment. The Republicans haven't accomplished a damned thing except cowardly blocking Trump's programs. McCain and Graham are perhaps the most vocal but you can rest assured they are supported by assholes like Roger Wicker and Thad Cochran from my state as well as many in he House.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Republicans are part of the swamp Trump wants to drain so they will not act. They are also afraid of the media and will not stand up to them. Because of this we are going to have at least four years of this crap. Trump can do a few things, but he needs the support of his party which he will not get.

As to third party's being a threat to dems and repubs, not a chance. Both parties have so rigged the game that third parties do not stand a chance in hell of taking over anything. Big money is staying with the dems and republicans.

Both parties suck, big time, and I believe we are looking at the end of our great country as we once knew it. In 2018 the dems will take over the senate again, and quite possibly the house, and then you will see a Constitutional crisis as they will hammer impeachment proceedings against Trump. If the Repubs keep one of the two houses, it will be bad, but not as bad as it could be.
If all the folks here in Flyover Nation that got Trump into the Presidency were to band together behind Trump again, a third party could happen overnight. It would be fought by the Big $$$$ folks, but that would not be enough if we all hung together in the face of the lies, horrid press, and violence they would bring. The only fear is that Soros or one of his ilk would quietly pour in money to "support" the effort and end up co-opting it as they have the Rs and Ds.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I agree, DS. If Trump can't get the repubs behind him he wouldn't have to think twice about starting a 3rd party and I believe the flyover nation would be behind him. Speaking for myself I'd back him because I'm equally pissed at both parties!!
Mike