• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Covid testing

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So the schools are back in full swing. When they started, I told the wife that they won't last a month before one of the kids coughs in class and gets sent home.

It happened this morning. We're in late fall cold season. One of our kids woke up with a cough and runny nose. Not bad. We got a call from the school telling us to come pick her up and get her tested for covid.

What a world we live in where every time we cough or sneeze people panic and force you to go get tested. So we booked her in for an appointment Friday to get the stupid test which I know will be negative. And we wait 4 to 5 days for the result.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know it's a pain, and just like you predicted Brian, a cough and runny nose gets the call to take em home and get em tested but with this covid pandemic the response seems appropriate. Knowing (or is it not knowing) how it transfers rapidly and kids could then pass it on to parents and grand parents who might die from it what other option could the schools take? I think they have to err on the side of caution.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I guess with our extremely low covid numbers up here they didn't think those are necessary? Who knows. In an 800 square km radius covering over 200000 people, we have had barely any cases. For a few weeks we had none. Now I think we have 1 case who is in lockdown at home. But unlike our neighbors to the south, we aren't just going about life as normal. Everyone is wearing masks. Every place we go into has a hand sanitize station. Every professional place has covid screening questions. It's a pain but we've all just adapted to it. Right now our province just announced that we are officially in the second wave of the virus. I think that's because of a spike in cases in s Ontario where drunken teens decided it would be ok to have house parties. So the whole province can now only have gatherings of less than 25 people outside and 10 inside or face a huge fine of up to $10000.

Sorry but from this side of the fence, y'all got a sh-tshow going on down there and we're quite content to keep our borders closed.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The shit show areas down here get the lime light and attention. Where I am covid is being handled much like where you are. I suspect most of our nation is being handled this way but that is not the ones you'll see on our news. MSM sucks.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The covid shit show has ended in the immediate area.
The county has announced an end to it's state of emergency.
Where I work is finally covid free.
We're getting back to family visits next week.
Just. Like.That.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
The covid shit show has ended in the immediate area.
The county has announced an end to it's state of emergency.
Where I work is finally covid free.
We're getting back to family visits next week.
Just. Like.That.

GREAT! I know you've been through a lot. I hope your county STAYS that way!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I agree you will have some areas that have lower numbers. I'm looking at the numbers quickly. I live in the district of thunder bay which covers an area about a third of the whole state of Minnesota (which is only a 45 minute drive south of us)

For our entire province in comparison, to date we have had a total of 51710 cases. 43907 have recovered. 2848 deaths. Where I live, we currently have only had 104 cases to date. 102 recovered. 1 death (who also had other medical issues btw). This is to date since the pandemic started.

For the state of Minnesota as a whole, just in the past 7 days, they are reporting 99187 new cases and 7035 deaths. So if you were me living only 45 minutes away from Minnesota, would you want to open the borders and let them in?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like the powers that be in government just changed the symptoms for covid so that every kid with a runny nose is no longer forced to sit at home in quarantine for 2 weeks and get a covid test to return to school.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So an update.

Our daughter was sent home from school last Wednesday because she caughed a couple times. She is fine and healthy. We are fine and healthy. But because the government thinks that school teachers are now qualified doctors and can make a judgment to send a kid home from school because of a cough and force them to take a f-cking covid test before returning to school, our daughter, who is already struggling academically, has been home over a week with 0, zip, nada symptoms of covid, has been forced to stay home. Total BS. We live in an area covering 250000 people appropriately over a 1000km square area and only 1 case of covid. But because it's cold season, every single person who coughs sneezes farts or picks their nose has to go into lockdown.

She was tested Friday. Still no results. The school won't allow her back now without a negative test result. The health unit says that because of backlogs of testing, results are taking longer than the 5 days to come back and they're only contacting people who test positive. So our daughter is now falling further behind and has no guarantee of ever being able to return to school as she won't get results from her testing unless it's positive and the school won't allow her back without the test results. This is total BULLSHIT! I'm pissed.

And the schools are supposed to be posting work online for those students forced to stay home because they let a fart slip out but haven't been posting anything. So my daughter along with many other kids are forced to stay home.

I talk to myself to get an expert opinion.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
So an update.

Our daughter was sent home from school last Wednesday because she caughed a couple times. She is fine and healthy. We are fine and healthy. But because the government thinks that school teachers are now qualified doctors and can make a judgment to send a kid home from school because of a cough and force them to take a f-cking covid test before returning to school, our daughter, who is already struggling academically, has been home over a week with 0, zip, nada symptoms of covid, has been forced to stay home. Total BS. We live in an area covering 250000 people appropriately over a 1000km square area and only 1 case of covid. But because it's cold season, every single person who coughs sneezes farts or picks their nose has to go into lockdown.

She was tested Friday. Still no results. The school won't allow her back now without a negative test result. The health unit says that because of backlogs of testing, results are taking longer than the 5 days to come back and they're only contacting people who test positive. So our daughter is now falling further behind and has no guarantee of ever being able to return to school as she won't get results from her testing unless it's positive and the school won't allow her back without the test results. This is total BULLSHIT! I'm pissed.

And the schools are supposed to be posting work online for those students forced to stay home because they let a fart slip out but haven't been posting anything. So my daughter along with many other kids are forced to stay home.

The Average Canadian, or American, use to understand we must take some risks every moment of living in order to have meaningful lives. Suddenly, the GUBMIT of both nations has decided to treat us like wimps. The result?
Much of both our populations have become wimps.

And those who had little power or authority now exercise great power over our lives. It's is called,,,,; submission.

Welcome to the new normal.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The new normal sucks. We got the results back. Negative as I was certain it would be. So she missed 7 days of school because she coughed a couple times and sneezed. Things one does when they have a slight COLD!

Obscene this continual push to test test test... The common cold is a coronavirus.

I feel so for families with children and what they are being put through...

I'm 82 and never have done a test and no plans to....if I had some symptoms they say are related to Covid19, maybe but probably not.

I've been taking supplements for 30 yrs and keep healthy and no mask has touched my face either...we'll see how long that can last.

Personally I'm in a lot anyway long before covid....

scotthouse

Yes and I hope you continue to stay feeling fine Jamin
icon7.gif

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
:applause:
Obscene this continual push to test test test... The common cold is a coronavirus.

I'm 82 and never have done a test and no plans to....if I had some symptoms they say are related to Covid19, maybe but probably not.

I've been taking supplements for 30 yrs and keep healthy and no mask has touched my face either...we'll see how long that can last.

You probably spend your time out on the pier in Santa Monica smokin weed.
That's why you're not worried about covid.

:th_lmao:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

I thought about this "wild" comment and was coming up with a variety of replies but kept hearing advice from other friends/moderators, "just ignore and don't get into a debate or stresses"""' so ignore is good.

Peace out pirate girl....peace is good.