• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Valve adjustment?

hunter1951

Hello I am purchasing a 1972 Thiokol Imp with the ford v4 engine that has less then 800 hours on the meter, the seller says that it had a valve job just before he received it, he says that the lifters are making some noise and that they will need to be re-ajusted that in its self is no problem, I am also wondering if it would be prudent to also re-tighten the head bolds as well, I was wondering could this all be part of a much bigger problem such as running the wrong kind of oil with no Zinc as all the new oils have eliminated it or lowered the content and it is very much needed for flat tappet valve systems, it would be great if you could send me a private message or just respond o this message.