• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cost me a day of seat time + ............

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dawg's smart buy stadegy .............. especially when the wife is a gasoline ass............ :brows:

Mrs. BD is a franchise business leader for Quiznos and her coverage area just increased covering portions of 5 states. Her Grand Prix just turned 100,000 miles so it is now time to put it in the reserve lot. She typically puts on 35,000 miles a year so I pretty much buy disposable cars.

The last 6 cars I've bought have been 1 year old rental or lease units. I always let someone else run the new off them, saves a bunch of money especially when they end up having 100,000 on them in 3 years. I trully believe this is the smartest way to purchase a vehicle, I've haven't been burnt yet.

Yesterday I rode with her to hit 5 restaurants and 4 car lots. We came home with this 08' G6 with 9000 miles on it. One owner short term lease, it was the second offer made in the day. The dealer I made an offer to at the first lot on a different car didn't like my offer ........ :glare:. She's always a happy camper in a new ride ..... :biggrin:.

Attachments

• IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 152

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good deal. I agree. I hate the new car depreciation that happens the 1st year or so. And sometimes you have to give up a day of seat time to keep mamma happy. It's worth it. :thumb: :D

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Yesterday I walked around a used car lot while my wife's car was getting new rubber across the street. They had a G6 sitting there. I must say I really like the looks of those cars.

k-dog

The last 6 cars I've bought have been 1 year old rental or lease units. I always let someone else run the new off them, saves a bunch of money especially when they end up having 100,000 on them in 3 years. I trully believe this is the smartest way to purchase a vehicle, I've haven't been burnt yet.

I always buy our cars the same way. My wife just got a 2008 Explorer with only 14,000 miles for almost half the price of a new one. I have never bought a new car because I can't justify all the extra money.

buckle97

SUPER Site Supporter
I always buy our cars the same way. My wife just got a 2008 Explorer with only 14,000 miles for almost half the price of a new one. I have never bought a new car because I can't justify all the extra money.

Same here. Last year my wife got an 07 Ford with 17k miles for exactly half price. $16k used vs $32k new.

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Yesterday I walked around a used car lot while my wife's car was getting new rubber across the street. They had a G6 sitting there. I must say I really like the looks of those cars.

Here's one for sale about 1/2 price on another forum I frequent:

Pontiac G6

If anyone is interested it's located in Ohio.

Tom