• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol 2100B -2100C

I don’t really know if it’s a late model or not, I’ll have to check the plate when I get it home. You’re right, anything but an auto tranny would make it a job to tilt the cab. This one actually has the 391, I wish it were a diesel. Looks like all the wire looms have built in slack to move out of the way and the transmission cable is the same. The previous owner said it’s been sitting for years so I just hope the tracks aren’t going to fail right away... sure gonna make the 6 miles of dirt road I have to plow easier to manage!

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
the tipping cabs with a stick is super slick.

Pull the bent nail out of the clutch pedal.

spin the already loose shifter handle off and over you go.

high lift jack is a back saver.

make sure the battery is out of the interior battery box, the clevis will remove a window faster than you can say well shit.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
mine has no hinge !!I suppose i could fab one up,i know the old 3700's were some nice to work on with the tilt cabs.

olympicorange

I don’t really know if it’s a late model or not, I’ll have to check the plate when I get it home. You’re right, anything but an auto tranny would make it a job to tilt the cab. This one actually has the 391, I wish it were a diesel. Looks like all the wire looms have built in slack to move out of the way and the transmission cable is the same. The previous owner said it’s been sitting for years so I just hope the tracks aren’t going to fail right away... sure gonna make the 6 miles of dirt road I have to plow easier to manage!

…. well, if the 391 ever needs to be pulled ,... find a mid 80's f350 , with an old 6.9L or one of the first 7.3L ( Navistar) , actually 2nd gen. 7.3L ; non-turbo ( thicker block coolant walls) with an auto . probably bolt right up..... walla….:thumbup:

That does sound like a slick tilt for the sticks, except the shattered window... maybe that’s why mine is...

7.3 swap is a great idea. I haven’t even got it home and you’re already giving me ideas about a rebuild haha. Should put some ramps on it to carry the Steiger (Ridge Runner) around....

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a b series cummins sitting right next to the 2704 et ford engine I pulled out of mine. if you are doing the swap go with a 6 b cummins its the same cid as the 2704 but the 6b is actualy a smaller motor by dimension 4 inches shorter and not as tall to. the one thing you have to remember is the 2100's have a marine dual sump oil pans I believe its for the extreme angles they are capable of operating on but the pans are wide and not very deep with lots of baffles in them.

Gren

I have a 1973 2100 with a tilt cab....definetly makes working on a lot of things easier. I also have two 2100 parts units that are not tilt cabs and I'm thinking about modifying one so it will have the tilt cab then resorting it.