• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol Spryte 201

JCGRAY

Hi folks. Just bought a Thiokol Spryte 201 at an auction here in phoenix and would like some info on parts and any advice on what I'm getting into. It's in pretty good shape and I hope to get it to fire up this week.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome !!!!
Ok , first go buy a big bottle of Asprin . Second ,go buy another bottle !!
While your there pick up a bottle or two of booze .:yankchain: :burp: :smileywac

You are now infected with the snowcat bug and only drugs and booze can save you !

I am sure someone will jump in with experience in this type of machine.

Have fun .....

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not familiar with all the Thiokol models, but is the 201 the small cabin version of the full bodied 601? Or is it the floating Spryte?

Posting a few photos might be a big help to tracking down parts, advice, etc.

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That would be 1201 but what you really need to know is which model you have. Look at the 'Thiokol Differential' post or better yet post some pictures of you new toy.

JCGRAY

Thanks for the replies guys. It is in fact a model 201 not a 1201. I have been able to find some limited info on this machine online. It is a 3 passenger cab with a cargo bed. I even triple checked the manufacturer id plate in the cab. It was used by the Arizona game and fish. I'm guessing it didn't see much use out here which is why it's in as good of shape as it is. Considering it's 43 years old and doesn't look like it was ever restored. As for the pills and booze...I'll save that for the build! Pictures will be forthcoming. Thanx again guys.

rsqfd

Does your 201 look anything like this, obviously not in its side :)

Tractor18a.jpg

Tractor18.jpg

RSQFD