• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

NorthernRedneck

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Doctor is running a battery of tests on me. Xray. Ultrasound. Blood work. They estimate about 8 weeks of recovery.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
8 weeks is pretty good after all you went through Brian....does this mean there are no concerns by the doctors??

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
No specific concerns at this point. They want to run some tests to make sure there's no blood clots in my legs as my feet and legs swell up all the time. They also did a chest xray to make sure there's no problems with my lungs that would be causing the breathing issues. The doctors are all impressed on how far I've come in three weeks.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So the total is now up to 6 broken vertebrae in my back. Seems that as swelling goes down and they do more x rays they find more damage. I guess that's to be expected when you get thrown from a motorcycle then get run over by another vehicle

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So the total is now up to 6 broken vertebrae in my back. Seems that as swelling goes down and they do more x rays they find more damage. I guess that's to be expected when you get thrown from a motorcycle then get run over by another vehicle
Yup.
You're one strong man, that's all I can say.

Still praying for you too Brian. :smile:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Ugh. Complications. Sitting at the hospital after a doplar scan on my legs. They found a blood clot in my right leg. Xray from yesterday showed that there's lots of fluid on my right lung. Could end up needing surgery

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
They are readmitting me into the hospital due to fluid build up on my lungs. I can barely walk 10 feet without being out of breath.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. This is a bump in the road. Gotta get this lung cleared up and take care of this blood clot. Already on a thinner for the clot. Just waiting for a room upstairs to be ready.

Leni

Sorry too hear that you're back in the hospital. It's impossible to get a good nights sleep there.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Can't be any worse than at home the past few nights when I'd wake up to use the washroom and would be out of breath for an hour. Plus sleeping in my chair at home every night sucked. Hopefully in a few days they'll figure out this fluid on the lungs thing and I can go home and actually lay down flat in my own bed to sleep

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
i had a collapsed lung 3 times over 4 years until the one top was removed. lots of the therapy to get them clean . moving around lots helps.
jim

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not the greatest today. I was woken up three times last night for blood work. My back is very sore. At one point during the night I began coughing uncontrollably.

Galvatron

I am sorry to hear that...time to up the prayers and positive thoughts from my end.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like I may be in line for surgery on my lungs due to a mucous build up that won't break free. We'll see what the scan says this morning.

Galvatron

Hopefully it won't require you having to have more surgery Brian as i think you have had your full share of late,i hope the scan brings positive answers for you.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm hopeful as well but also realistic. I know if I walk ten feet right now I'm out of breath and ready to pass out. If I'm just laying here I'm fine for the most part. As soon as I move though I'm short of breath. Going to be a long road to recovery.

Galvatron

It's going to be tough for sure but just remember you have over come the most important hurdles and with each day that passes it will get easier,i know that aint much help but stay strong it will get better.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
For some odd reason I missed this thread.

Thoughts and prayers are with you Brian for a full recovery. Get yourself well, there's lots of work to do. :biggrin:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like I'm in for the weekend. Good news is that I can feel fluid breaking up in my lungs. Hopefully they can get it sorted out without hauling out the knife. Ct scan shows only fluid and not mucous which is a good thing.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
You don't know the half of the pampering I received literally. Lol. The first week I was here in ICU they didn't want me out of bed so I had a nice handful of young nurses giving me a sponge bath almost every night. [emoji4]

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The clots and swelling seem to be going down. They haven't done anything about the fluid on my lungs since I spent the afternoon coughing up flem which is a sign my chest has broken free.