• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1959 Tucker 443 restoration

jask

Wow!! that looks so good. What did they use to strip the body? I was assuming they would soda blast but there looked to be a grey haze on some areas.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Mr. Jask, I hand stripped the body, the alum body panels are not that thick and have had issues even with soda media blasting, the body is quite straight and to keep it that way, yes, i know, it is more work that way and well worth it.

thank you

jask

:w00t2:so if I hear what you are saying- you are a stripper......:w00t2: JK!!

that is some great work - how many hours did that take you Jinn? and what do you use for stripping paint off Aluminum?
oh, and my name is actually John.... jask is just my super secret internet alter ego.:biggrin:
Your progress is inspiring when you tackle a project..... SAY!! have you ever visited Kamloops?:whistling:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
mr jask ( john )

drum roll please, yup have been stripping a very long, no one comes to the show any more, who whats to see an old stripper?

i use aircraft paint remover, sorry, learned a very long time ago two things, one, i do not want to know how many hours i spent on it and how much money i spent

and thank you, these projects are great enjoyment and meet some great people along the way, like the guy with the orange twin turbo burban, a good guy and knows a ton of stuff

why, yes i have,i do have some canadian family and spent a bunch of time in your beautiful part of the world, looking/searching for a 1917 White model TEB, touring bus with back of the body removed, would still like to find it, all i know,is a old tractor collector has it. see, i spend far too much time on these projects.

thanks again and truly looking to meeting up with you at jamboree!

jask

1917 ! that would be a great find- did it see service as a park bus?
I worked as a stripper years ago...... my work outfit was tyvek coveralls and an industrial respirator.... but, I will save that story for Timberline.
Looking forward to meeting everyone, although it looks like the machine might be staying at home as the family think Southerly travel at that time of year may continue to points beyond.. :(

P.S. Jinn I have been a fan of old Whites for years- we used to have a 78 White Western star in the family.

Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
yes, the 1917 white was a yellowstone transportation company rig, still on the hunt for it, as for your travels south, happy to store your rig while you continue your travels.

jask

Thanks for the option Jinn... it is looking like it might be too big for carry on :) we are 4 + hours North of Seattle so driving time vs flying is still up in the air.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
latest work

Attachments

• DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 523

akimp

I'm inspired and awed by your beautiful work. Some day I hope my wife appreciates me being out in the garage working with my hands and mind to accomplish my goals. I have the snow cat bug bad and can't wait to get my snow trac.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
orange

Attachments

• DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 687
  • DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 681
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 679
  • DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 678

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
a little change up in the seating for the back of the cat

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 630
  • DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 629
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 641

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
is that all you want ? just a margarita blender .

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 567
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 560

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
spotted owl tastes just like chicken, yummmmmm

thank you, it is great joy to cut the tree down, mill the log, sticker it to dry and then one day, create ! ( i leave the growing to others ).

a very limited number of kits are available

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
latest from tuckerville

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 456
  • DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 458