• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Introducing the Bad Kitty!

Anothertucker

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

So, long story LONG:
This Fall I was working a logistics job in central oregon at a yard where everything was being liquidated. I came across this 1962 Thiokol Trackmaster 4T8 and, after taking it for a surprisingly smooth spin around the yard and imagining the possibilities and backcountry ski/snowboard opportunities this could open up to me and my buddies—then falling into a pretty deep research wormhole on similar machines (with a fair bit of lurking on this forum)—decided I needed to have it. So I cajoled 7 of my friends to each put in $1000, and we brought the beast home (on a decent used deckover trailer we bought to trailer it). We had some money left over, so we cleaned the hell out of it, overhauled the clutch, the exhaust, changed some fluids, and gave it the most over-the-top paint job we could. We are artists, fabricators, contractors, wrenchers, heavy equipment operators, backcountry guides, project managers, pearl divers, and engineers with a passion for snowsports... and we all fit inside! Today, after weeks of intricate masking and rattle canning, we put on two very expensive automotive clearcoats, then peeled off the masking to reveal the Bad Kitty we knew she was:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Happy to tell you more about the project and our plans for it if anybody has any questions. I know the full history of the vehicle, and (thankfully) still have the number of the mechanic who has maintained her since the 70s. What a ride! Next up is the interior upholstery and insulation, a rocking sound system, probably some flame poofers on her ears, and lights!

If you want to follow all our upcoming adventures, maybe follow us on instagram @badkittysnowcat. We haven't posted yet on there because we wanted to reveal her first here, at the only worth-a-damn snowcat forum on the entire interwebs. Thank you and good night!

Anothertucker

Oh, and for anybody wondering about my username:
1. Yes, I know it's a Thiokol, not a Tucker.
2. My actual name is Tucker
3. Yes, it would be cool to have a snowcat with my name on it.
4. In fact, I live 4 miles as the crow flies from the Tucker factory in Medford, OR
5. I cannot afford a Tucker, and even the old ones are getting to be $$$ now that they've opened up a classics division at the factory to do restorations.

toyrocs

This wild thing would look even more awesome with a simulated MINI GUN on a turret !!!! :flame2: :flame2:

Please post more updates! Your an inspiration to us all!!!

Snowy Rivers

Welcome aboard...

Waaaaaaaaaaaay cool cat...thanks for sharing

A lot of very knowledgeable folks here will happily offer help and advice if ya need it...

Enjoy....