• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A cure for tracked UTV envy

Snowcat Pat

I can safely say that I have never had that envy in the first place.

Slow, steady, warm and with my peeps and all our gear is my style. And staying out all night, by choice.

However, 32 years ago I did have snowcat envy. Only one cure for that.

-Pat

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
2 more reasons, oh wait those arn't UTV's I guess its just another case of stupid is what stupid does.

Attachments

• IMG_0649.jpg
    IMG_0649.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_0650.jpg
    IMG_0650.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 391

alryA

Anything can be broke.... Nonetheless, you couldn't get our 6x6 that I use to plow our yard and driveway with out of my cold, stiff fingers. :thumbup:

Attachments

• P1100918.jpg
    P1100918.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 332

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I love my tracked ATV !
I have gotten a track stuck under an ice lip several times and getting it out can be difficult so I always take someone with me on another tracked bike on adventures like that :)

It's one heck of a lot cheaper to keep going than my snowcats and lots easier to move.

Oh, ya...I go slow, mostly.

alryA

I love my tracked ATV !
I have gotten a track stuck under an ice lip several times and getting it out can be difficult so I always take someone with me on another tracked bike on adventures like that :)

It's one heck of a lot cheaper to keep going than my snowcats and lots easier to move.

Oh, ya...I go slow, mostly.

I've dropped a rear pod through the ice on a frozen pond some years ago. The only reason we were grooming across it was a strink'n beaver dam had flooded our trail which then became there pond. Oh well. They didn't last very long and moved on.

Pods do require maintenance..

Attachments

• idler and bearings.jpg
    idler and bearings.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 309
  • defenderdriveframe work.jpg
    defenderdriveframe work.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:

PJL

I can lay my hands on a couple of Huey's with pilots. Who wants to loan me a Can-Am?