• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

all-way blade project.

alryA

KickerM wants to see the all-way blade I built for a UTV some years ago. Maybe other folks might like to see this project as well. This post will just be some photos of it in use. It was of course all actuator powered since there was no pump on the machine. The middle two photos were taken live.

Attachments

• Rhino blade rolls CR whole.jpg
    Rhino blade rolls CR whole.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 236
  • Rhino blading gorge side.I (DL).jpg
    Rhino blading gorge side.I (DL).jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 228
  • Rhino operator view (web).jpg
    Rhino operator view (web).jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 220
  • Rhino with blade (WEB).jpg
    Rhino with blade (WEB).jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 226

rockhead

GNUCKING FARLEY DUDE !!!!:punk:
So I need some detail about actuator powered ? I can't help but wonder about the weight and wonder if the nose wants to sink ?

alryA

Yes it added much weight to the front and heavier springs were added. Not much different from a Bombi owner who'd like to use a blade on it. Shorter is not better...

alryA

Here is the joy stick control box and relays. The box is not done and still messy looking. The relays made for braking action so the actuators would not do "run on" thing.

Attachments

• Blade control relay box done (DL).jpg
    Blade control relay box done (DL).jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 218
  • Blade control boxs done.I (DL).jpg
    Blade control boxs done.I (DL).jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 216

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome job! I’m curious about the relays, did you use DPDT relays and what actuators did you use? Im looking to do a similar set up on a different project and I think you have the perfect setup!

alryA

I just found a good photo of its side.

Attachments

• UTV plow new actuators mounted (DL).jpg
    UTV plow new actuators mounted (DL).jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 205

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
How well have the Actuators held up in the environment they are in? Can they take the cold? The rams/jams? The abuse of being on a blade?

alryA

These common, low cost, Taiwanese made actuators have held up reasonably well with a few covenants. (is that the right word?) You can't run then in/out to the end of the threads when parked, plus you'll need to regrease the screws at the end of the season. Doing that, we'd get quite a few years out of them being trashed. We kept adding them to the next implement and kept a spare on hand..

Attachments

• Drag rebuild side (DL).jpg
    Drag rebuild side (DL).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 172
  • New drag working live f.jpg
    New drag working live f.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 173
  • new drag woking live.jpg
    new drag woking live.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
Did you end up using the high speed version, and if you did are the readings on the spec sheet correct? 1.5”/sec...

alryA

Did you end up using the high speed version, and if you did are the readings on the spec sheet correct? 1.5”/sec...

We used a few of the 1000lb version and some 1500. The ones on the drag's were the 1000lbs version despite them not needing anything that high. As you might guess, they simply changed the gears in them, to get the greater/lesser thrust. But if they go to fast, they are impossible to adjust!! Another thing did was we added a electrical brake to them, but that's another subject.