• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Electric Gauges

the old trucker

I have a 1984 F-150 engine/trans combo. It's a 300 six cylinder & a C6 trans. I have it in my Bombardier B12. I want to hookup electric gauges with matching sending units. Can I buy electric speedometer & tach, & how do they work ?? The dash is 8-9 ft. from the engine. I plan on putting in speed, tach, volt, oil, water, gas gauges...

Thanks,
The Old Trucker

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the tach will hook up to the negative side of the coil fords have a tach plug pig tale coming off of the plug for the coil as for a speed sensor you will be having to uce an after market speedometer kit with 2 little magnets and a pickup coil attached to your driveline assembly

the old trucker

Dep6113 Those gauges would probably be my second or third choice. Here is a pic of an original set that was rebuilt. I only have the speedometer. I think the 4 in 1 gauge on the left has the Ford oval on it. Didn't the older GM pickups have this style ?? I want all gauges to be electric with their own sending unit... The dash is 49" overall width.

img_0013-1.jpg

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a 63'-64' Ford F-250 4x4 that had that gauge in it. cluster

If I remember right they had seperate sending units.

mike