• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rosie Slams Trump, The Donald Fires Back

Dutch-NJ

Rosie Slams Trump, The Donald Fires Back

Rosie O'Donnell had some fiery words for Donald Trump on The View Wednesday morning, calling him a "snake-oil salesman" following his announcement that he would not fire troubled Miss USA Tara Conner.

After hearing about her comments, Trump fired back calling her "a woman out of control...... Rosie's a loser. A real loser. I look forward to taking lots of money from my nice fat little Rosie."

I think somebody ought to give Rosie a Strawberry Sundae.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Every credible company in the USA has a EAP (Employee Assistance Program) and Miss USA should be no different. I believe in second chances, god knows I got a couple. Rosie needs counciling! I'm glad someone took her on.....:thumb:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Big Dog said:
I'm glad someone took her on.....:thumb:

:yum: :yum:

I know what you meant BD, but it still made me laugh. :D

And I agree. Good for Donald. I sure would have given her (Tara Conner) a 2nd chance!!!! :eek:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I hope Trump takes that dumb *itch for everything she has. She needs to learn to shut her mouth.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Wow....I'm having a difficult time deciding which of those two people I couldn't care less about.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
DaveNay said:
Wow....I'm having a difficult time deciding which of those two people I couldn't care less about.
I've been listening to CNN this morning and it seems like every 5 or 10 minutes they are yacking their mouths about this. :blahblah:

I don't know why. It must be a S-L-O-W news day :confused2:

The only thing is that The Donald said that Rosie "talks like a truck driver." I think that is an insult to truck drivers!

Gatorboy

Rosie is a PIG -- does anyone really care what she says/thinks? Man, I'd be in heaven if I could sit on "THE VIEW" -- I could hammer her everyday.

dzalphakilo

Banned
Funny Bob, I thought of your post per the Pete Rose topic when I heard about this Rosie/Trump thing on the radio this morning.

My understanding is that Trump is giving the Miss U.S.A a second chance for breaking the rules of the pagent (underage drinking and behavior issues of some sort).

Apparently Miss Nevada was caught doing some things as well in a bar.

You changed my opinion on Rose per the gambling issues, he should be banned for breaking the rules he (Rose) knew about.

These pagent girls know the rules going in. They were broke. Now trump is giving them a second chance. Why have rules to begin with? Apparently Miss Nevada was caught "seriously" kissing another woman in a bar and dropped her pants of some sort. What about her?

Apparently Trump owns the pagent, so he can do what he wants. However, why have any rules to begin with if you don't have to follow them?

kensfarm

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
dzalphakilo said:
Apparently Miss Nevada was caught "seriously" kissing another woman in a bar and dropped her pants of some sort. What about her?

For a tumble in the sack.. Donald would probably give her half a dozen chances.. I would too!!! :5boobs:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
dzalphakilo said:
These pagent girls know the rules going in. They were broke. Now trump is giving them a second chance. Why have rules to begin with? Apparently Miss Nevada was caught "seriously" kissing another woman in a bar and dropped her pants of some sort. What about her?

:nopics:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
dzalphakilo said:
Apparently Miss Nevada was caught "seriously" kissing another woman in a bar and dropped her pants of some sort. What about her?

Yeah, what about her?? What bar in Nevada and is she still there:respect: Got to go:hide:

Dutch-NJ

Just called my dentist’s office to make an appointment for a cleaning. I’ve been going to this same dentist since 1967.

Karen has been his receptionist for over 20 years. Karen said I could come in tomorrow morning. I asked Karen to call me as soon as she arrives at work since I may be up all night listening to the latest “war” news. Karen seemed concerned and asked what was going on with the “war.” I said, “It’s expanding rapidly. It’s really getting nasty.”

“You know we don’t have a TV here. What’s happening?” Karen asked in a worried voice. I said, “It’s been non-stop on the news all day. It’s getting worse by the hour....................................................
Trump and Rosie are really going at each other.”

After Karen laughed and told me I was a crazy guy, she then went into a tirade against Trump. “I saw that on the news last night. Rosie is absolutely right. Those young girls were drinking, having sex, and doing drugs, and Trump gives them a second chance? That’s a disgrace!” Karen proclaimed.

I reminded Karen that we have known each other many years. I said, “Accept for drugs, I did the same thing when I was young. I drank and had sex almost every day. You always told me I was an okay guy. What’s the difference?”

Karen replied, “I’ll call you in the morning. Bye.........”

I wouldn’t tell Karen, but I think I know what the difference is. Karen is now a 55 year old female.

dzalphakilo

Banned
Dutch-NJ said:
“Accept for drugs, I did the same thing when I was young. I drank and had sex almost every day. You always told me I was an okay guy. What’s the difference?”

At the time you where "doing these things", were you working for something that had a contract that forbided you from doing the actions you mentioned? You wanted something, needed to work for it, but if you knew certain actions that you took by your own free will could take away everything you worked so hard for, would you take those actions anyway (law enforcement training comes to mind as a "public" example).

Am I wrong in assuming that these girls signed a contract stipulating what they could and not do?

Considering the fact that this woman was crowned Miss U.S.A, didn't she think her actions may be followed? Sounds like a dumb butt blonde.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
dzalphakilo said:
At the time you where "doing these things", were you working for something that had a contract that forbided you from doing the actions you mentioned? You wanted something, needed to work for it, but if you knew certain actions that you took by your own free will could take away everything you worked so hard for, would you take those actions anyway?

Am I wrong in assuming that these girls signed a contract stipulating what they could and not do?
It is my understanding that there is a 'morality clause' in the entrance rules for the contest.

If I actually cared about this contest or Rosie/Trump, I would have to say that Trump made the wrong choice. The point of these contests is supposed to be to create a "role model" for young girls, they are typcially billed as scholorship pagents not beauty pagents. If these young ladies are supposed to be role models then they need to follow the rules.

You and I and the press can "forgive" them if we choose. However when it comes to a flagrant violation of the rules, then one needs to ask what the purpose of the rules are if they will not be enforced? Is this not setting a bad example and a bad precident? Break the rules you agreed to. Be an embarrassment to the contest, but don't worry, if you are pretty and you smile just right then you still get to keep your prize. No matter that others followed the rules, did what was right, and got the shaft.

Seems to me it sends a really bad message.

Now if there was no morality clause, then let the girls party and do as they may! :bunnies:

But, as I stated, the news (CNN) announced that there was, in fact, a morality/conduct clause. So it seems the wrong decision was made.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been following this just a little.

Without looking it up, if I recall correctly, she got caught boozing a bit.

If that's it, I agree with the big Trump. The girl deserves a 2nd chance. How many of us didn't have a beer when a year under the age limit, regardless of our position or age?

Now, Miss Nevada got the boot. The sucking face with another girl in pics was a bit over the line...

dzalphakilo

Banned
bczoom said:
Now, Miss Nevada got the boot. The sucking face with another girl in pics was a bit over the line...

I guess that would depend on what was written in the "morality clause".

If by chance the clause signed states that "no drinking of alcoholic beverages in a public establishment", then she should get the boot. I agree Brian, where do you draw the line. I would think though that you draw the line on what was expected of the person due to what they signed in a contract. If the girl didn't break any agreements, then shes fine. Apparently she did break that agreement. For arguments sake, lets say that I think that one woman sucking face with another woman was ok:D Heck, why should that girl be punished? I think she should be punished because she broke the rules that she was expected to uphold.

Interesting because before Bob's post on Pete Rose, I whole heartedly (sp?) thought Rose should be in the hall of fame. After seeing the rules that Rose knew, and listening to Bob's reason, I changed my mind and came to the conclusion that I was wrong in my beliefs. I hope that doesn't mean that I don't stand for what I believe in:hide:

Dutch-NJ

dzalphakilo said:
At the time you where "doing these things", were you working for something that had a contract that forbided you from doing the actions you mentioned? You wanted something, needed to work for it, but if you knew certain actions that you took by your own free will could take away everything you worked so hard for, would you take those actions anyway (law enforcement training comes to mind as a "public" example).

Considering the fact that this woman was crowned Miss U.S.A, didn't she think her actions may be followed? Sounds like a dumb butt blonde.

Certainly there was a contract. But, Karen never mentioned a contract. Public appearance and morals should be important too. But, Karen never mentioned those either. A young girl drinking, having sex, and enjoying herself was Karen's concern.

I doubt that many people care about any of this, but we're talking about it.

Got to hand it to Trump. He's not only a tough, savy New York businessman, he's a great promoter and showman.

Rosie is one of the greatest actresses that ever lived if she actually isn't the obese, obnoxious, over opinionated, abrasive, big mouth, slob that she appears to be.

dzalphakilo

Banned
Dutch-NJ said:
Got to hand it to Trump. He's not only a tough, savy New York businessman, he's a great promoter and showman.

I guess I'm wrong, but from what I gather from your posts, it seems that Trump has gone against what I would consider to be your values.

Sign a contract, stick to a contract. Break the contract, your out. If those are not the rules, why have a contract in the first place?

I might agree to some extent Trump is getting publicity in the news, and perhaps the public is being "played", but other than this forum, really don't care what the heck Miss "anything" does.

Dutch-NJ

dzalphakilo said:
I guess I'm wrong, but from what I gather from your posts, it seems that Trump has gone against what I would consider to be your values.

Sign a contract, stick to a contract. Break the contract, your out. If those are not the rules, why have a contract in the first place?

I might agree to some extent Trump is getting publicity in the news, and perhaps the public is being "played", but other than this forum, really don't care what the heck Miss "anything" does.

Honoring a contract is what I do believe. But, just like many other things in life, sometimes what is planned doesn't work out.

The contract between Trump and whoever is no one else's business. I was not a party to that contract.

I've both given and received second chances, so I won't say that is wrong. I don't know all the facts, so I can't say I wouldn't have given Miss USA a second chance myself.

If you were Trump and could give someone who had "fallen" a second chance and appear to be magnanimous, and then snowball that into another few million dollars, what would you do?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Why should Trump give one a second chance and give another the boot? Why should one get unfair advantage over the contestants who actually followed the rules? If Trump wants to give the girls a second chance he could just as easily have said that they could re-enter the contest next year to try again.

As for snowballing this into another few million, he could have taken the high road and gotten the publicity too. Rosie is the one who gave him the real publicity, not the drinking and partying of the contestants. And had he taken the high road and enforced the contract then he would have showed thousands of children that there are consequences to their actions. He could have showed the bad kids that they can't get away with everything and he could have showed the good kids that in the long run, if you play by the rules, then you won't get screwed. He could have. He chose not to. Its a shame.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
bczoom said:

She said those pictures were from 5 years ago when she was 17. Didn't matter, they dumped her anyway. I remember when Proctor and Gamble recalled a whole lot of soap powder when they learned that the model who's picture they had on the front of the box had made an X rated movie. Personally, I could care less about all of this. There is a whole lot of other problems in the world that concern me more. I am just wondering when Dutch is going to be posting about what the Governor of NJ had done today!
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/12/21/ap/national/mainD8M5DN504.shtml