• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Our biggest customer called again this morning. Once more he was out of product. Dayam!!!.

Another road trip to Springfield MO. His business is booming beyond their expectations or plans. I accused him of a "Manufactured Crisis.":yum::yum::yum:

But, I loaded up the minivan and headed south.:smile:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I have never heard of a herd of hunting dogs that large. Course I've only been rabbit hunting with up to three dogs. Never hog huntin. Interesting. Those hogs are big and mean.

They can be. The one they were chasing was medium/small, I'd guess it was in the 120# to140# range. I've seen them about 400#. In fact I missed one that size completely at about 120 yards. I guess that I got "hog fever" and pulled the shot. However I got close enough to send him scampering for cover. He was moving fast enough that I never got a second shot. Never saw him again.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
dinner & medical stuff-- me & my bab (meower, btw)-- we're taking a nap-- guys, she is so ornery~~ she send me this glimpse--

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Heading down to Pittsburgh to get my PET scan results . Afterthat ,I have no idea what I’ll get up to .

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing exciting today. It's -21c. Made a dump run. Going for lunch with a pretty lady aka my lovely wife. Then an occupational therapy appointment. The in laws are coming for dinner. It's her 75th birthday. Then the usual shuttling kids to extracurricular activities. Yes, we're busy most nights of the week. I usually stay home dealing with the household things while she drives kids to their activities ie cadets, scouts, youth group.

Canadian eh!!!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's looking pretty dark and cloudy outside. It could well rain. I've had 20 sacks of top soil in the back of the truck since before Christmas to fill the last of the hog holes. I may tackle that this afternoon. Also the hedges are looking a bit on the straggly side so I need to trim those. The back deck needs blowing off as it is covered in pine needles. That should keep me busy for the next couple of days if it doesn't rain. No sense in rushing these things.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I slept this afternoon, and now it's thrown the whole day off! Lol
:hammer:
I'm bummed to hear about Jerry.
He sure has been there for me as an ear during the past year.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to St. Auggie's and lit a candle for our Jerry, then spent some time on my knees in front of the blessed Mother.

Just got back after a skip to the fancy schmancy place for a piece of quiche.

I guess some parts of Ohio are going to get measurable snow this weekend, but it's supposed to be more in the counties to our south.
Hmm, we'll see about that.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to St. Auggie's and lit a candle for our Jerry, then spent some time on my knees in front of the blessed Mother.

Just got back after a skip to the fancy schmancy place for a piece of quiche.

I guess some parts of Ohio are going to get measurable snow this weekend, but it's supposed to be more in the counties to our south.
Hmm, we'll see about that.

You guys shouldn't be getting anything today. I sent everyone home at 1:00 PM. I have to wait for a truck line to pick up a load for Cassville MO.

We are gonna get slammed here in St Louis. up to 12" 25 miles east, west, south, or north of us,, less than 4.0" Everybody else from here to West Virginia,,,;1"-2"

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not much happening here. Couple of appointments. My back is still out of commission so I spent part of the day napping in the living room.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We tried dry needling on my back today at physio along with the usual muscle manipulation only as a test. I thought that would be worth a shot as it's been worse lately. Think I may be sleeping in the living room tonight.

Canadian eh!!!

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! About as far as I have gotten today is enjoying the heat fromthe wood stove ,having some coffee ,and contemplating loading the wood racks on the porches .
Enjoy your Satuday !

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good morning John, et al lol
I'm running pretty good this morning for having worked all night.
It's the weekend so who needs sleep?

Oh, I'll be waiting for the snow to arrive this afternoon.
1 inch
2-4
All the predictions are flying around.
I guess it's gonna snow..
:yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So I braved the snow and got KFC for dinner.
Let it fly!
I'm staying home tonight.
20190112_173313-699x699.jpg

:tongue:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Good morning John, et al lol
I'm running pretty good this morning for having worked all night.
It's the weekend so who needs sleep?

Oh, I'll be waiting for the snow to arrive this afternoon.
1 inch
2-4
All the predictions are flying around.
I guess it's gonna snow..
:yum:

We got 10.0" so far. St Louis was locked down last nite with virtually ALL of the interstate system closed. A good many folk spent the nite in their cars stuck on I-44 and I-70. We came home a 4:00PM right behind a gang of four snow plows all the way fro Wentzville MO to our usual exit and a quick 1.5 mile run home.

South of us is getting rain today and their snow will melt until nightfall. Then comes the black ice.

Had to shovel the drive today because new furniture is arriving Sunday. Otherwise I would have left it to melt on it's own by Monday afternoon.

After two years of using the family room for storage whilst we remodeled the master bath and our bedroom, we get to play pool and watch a big screen TV. Started a fire in the fireplace with Oak from the big tree. Nice!

Cathy finally got the big screen TV sorted so we are watching the Jumanji movie. I didn't really care for the first one with Robin Williams. But popcorn is hot and buttered, the corn chips and salsa are on the table so,,,;we shall see

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So I braved the snow and got KFC for dinner.
Let it fly!
I'm staying home tonight.
View attachment 108612

:tongue:
Bucket 'o grease. Lol. I only eat fast food about once a year just to remind my guts why I don't.

Quiet day of rest today. The rest was so I'd have enough strength in my back to make my way to the church to play the 5pm service. There's 4 of us in our band normally. Today, I was going solo though I enlisted my wife's help with the overheads. I picked the music played guitar and sang. Now we're going out on a date. [emoji7]

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking at the radar future cast, this isn't going to clear out until around 11 tonight.

I heard there was an accident/roll over on the SR 18/15 split in Defiance county.
Thank God Ty isn't out doing the wrecker work any longer.
It's been siren city here for the last few hrs.
Expect that will be the case throughout the night.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Took my lovely wife out for supper. Ribs so tender they fall off the bone. Mmmmmm

Now home relaxing watching live PD.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I watched Samson vs The Vampire Women on MST3K.
Lol
Jeff and the Ladies are coming up later for another trip to the Chinese buffet.
Yay!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The weather situation was so bad last Friday the wife left her car at work and we drove home together in mine. had to go back today to get it in Wentzville. 14" on top of her minivan fro, the front grill to the back hatch. 2" was frozen crust on top.

I had to cut it off in 12X12 blocks. Took about an hour to get it cleaned off and then dig it out of the drifts left by the snow plow. Needless to say I'm sooooo done with winter!:hammer:

Status
Not open for further replies.