• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ForumsForums party in Columbus OH Oct 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
ForumsForums party in Columbus OH Oct 11th

I have some details. I need a count of how many will be able to attend and if you'll want to stay at the Hilton.

If 10 rooms are booked we get the rooms for $179.00 (regularly $279.00).

Lobby Bar open during the day w/ a terrace
Sports Bar opens at 5pm.
Multiple restaurants

(The terrace is the only place you are allowed to smoke at this hotel, I'm told all hotels and bars in Columbus are smoke free. However there is a Tinder Box Cigar store close by and an Irish Pub with a terrace where you can smoke, both are close by in Easton.)

Easton also has a Funny Bone Comedy Club and a Shadow Box (Saturday night live improv type of comedy) plus 100's of restaurants along with a world class shopping mall all within walking distance.

When I was searching for hotels and prices I tried hotels.com and some of the others that google popped up. I saw prices from $59 and up for Easton area of Columbus. Any hotel in the Easton area would be in the vicinity of the Hilton, so you might choose to stay at a cheaper hotel but still get in on the fun.

Now I need a head count of who all would be able to attend, and would you want to stay at the Hilton? I suggest we meet in the Hilton Lobby bar early afternoon and perhaps get reservations for one of the comedy clubs later that night. Only a suggestion though. What do you all think?

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I plan on being there, but can't say I'd be able to manage an overnight stay.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll be there ............. I'll only stay at the Hilton IF you need some one to make ten. If not I'll stay with Jarod (my son).

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I am planning on being there, and would likely spend the night.
It's quite a drive for me just to show up, say hello then leave that same evening.
:)

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
wish i could be there.....fingers crossed the lotto comes up trumps....have a great time and drink beer for me.:smile:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Depends on how often I visit the bar.........:whistling:

I may HAVE to spend the night, just to be on the safe side ya know.

BoneheadNW

I can't be there, but may I suggest that someone who does go brings a laptop and camera so they could log on to FF and post pics in real time? I would love to see you guys having a good time!
Bone

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Im gonna fly my personal jet in. Wait. Thats Flight Simulator. :blink:

Seriously I will try to make it as best as I can. It all depends on my job or lack there of.

BoneheadNW

Ah, I can see it now, BD and Sushi at the Hilton.....................
Bone

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCqcMOB6STc[/ame]

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ah, I can see it now, BD and Sushi at the Hilton.....................
Bone

LMBWAO ............. but seriously, only if I drink too much! And after seeing that, I'm going to ask the wife to put a leash on me after my first twelve-pack (and 4th Yeager bomb) ................... :mrgreen:

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I have some details. I need a count of how many will be able to attend and if you'll want to stay at the Hilton.

If 10 rooms are booked we get the rooms for $179.00 (regularly $279.00).

Lobby Bar open during the day w/ a terrace
Sports Bar opens at 5pm.
Multiple restaurants

Do they have an indoor water slide?

Hey... ya know guys... ahhhh... Chicago is more centrally located. :wave:
We have some killer places to eat too. Plus I could shuttle people around in the Vic! Sushi Taxi!!! (note I left out the Deadly part):thumb:

So now that I have convinced no one, Columus Ohio it is!!!

daedong

Do I understand this correctly? Is the plan to be predominantly a day time get together for a meal (whatever) and then to spill it over in to the evening for those who want to stay on? Or is the key focus an evening show? Doc, as you mentioned the Hilton, I take it this means quite formal dress? I just wondered whether some folks might like it a little more casual?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Do I understand this correctly? Is the plan to be predominantly a day time get together for a meal (whatever) and then to spill it over in to the evening for those who want to stay on? Or is the key focus an evening show? Doc, as you mentioned the Hilton, I take it this means quite formal dress? I just wondered whether some folks might like it a little more casual?
Vin, here in the states Hilton hotels are only "above average". I believe they maintain a much higher standard in the rest of the world.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten

What Vin, you telling us you don't own a Tux?? :hide: :whistling: You will fit in just fine. Hiltons are nice but not that nice. :thumb:

daedong

What Vin, you telling us you don't own a Tux?? :hide: :whistling: You will fit in just fine. Hiltons are nice but not that nice. :thumb:

No am not fussed where we go what we do, I was actually thinking about others and just trying to get it clear what is happening.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Vin, here in the states Hilton hotels are only "above average". I believe they maintain a much higher standard in the rest of the world.

Exactly Vin. A daytime get together in what I've been assured is a big lobby area with a bar close by. Or we can migrate to the terrace if we have smokers amounst us.
I inquired about renting a room for meeting and they wanted $300 for 4 hours. Then they suggested the lobby idea. Sounds as if that can accomidate us all easily with no extra charge.
The hilton gal said most other hotels do not even have the terrace for smoking. I also inquired with Residence Inn but they have not gotten back to me with prices. I was hoping to find a $125 price point but so far no luck.
No tux or anything even semi formal requred Vin. Jeans and Tshirt would be fine. Dress confortable.
The comedy club was just an idea for some evening entertainment. Open to other suggestions.
I would think we could have the meet up from 1 to 4 then do dinner in the hilton or whereever we decide and then those who want the comedy club could moze that direction. Others could shop or whatever.
Open to any other suggestions gang.

Status
Not open for further replies.