• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Waterville Tucker took a short ride.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
A couple days ago I decided since we have about 20" of snow of the ground I would start my 1949 422,the old Waterville inn tucker for a spin around the backyard. It was about zero and she fired up after a bit ,and had no trouble going over the 20" of snow, but it did sink in a bit !!:biggrin: Heres a few pictures. Don

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was wondering if you had been out & about. You should hop in the 420 today just to see how she (and you!) do at -15!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Mr. Loggah,

thank you for sharing the great photos of the Waterville Tucker out playing in the snow, best part, you got do this in your own back yard...

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
May I ask where is the Waterville Inn? ............ we have a Waterville Inn & Tavern in the PA Grand Canyon.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I had to limber it up a bit!:wink:I am getting wimpy in my old age and might not start the Cannon 420 till it warms up a bit:laugh3: Topwelder bunch of old iron in the shed,2 lombards,1 linn truck, 3 tuckers,4 cletracs,1 ac crawler,1 cat crawler, and 2 case tractors, and 1 vintage toro general greens mower, extra Lombard and linn engines.Don

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Big Dog, The Waterville inn was in Waterville Valley N.H., burned dowi in 1967, It is where the waterville valley ski area is now. Don

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Big Dog, The Waterville inn was in Waterville Valley N.H., burned dowi in 1967, It is where the waterville valley ski area is now. Don

Thank you .............! N.H. is one of my favorite places to ride motorcycle and don't recall a Waterville area up there ....... :unsure:

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Brian, No forward motion,but no backward motion either:smile4: maybe next summer but i got a long list before i get to it. brakes on the stewart truck,rebuild the linn truck cab and get it going,and get the blue raidtrac wiring cleaned up andbugs out !!! not enough hours in the days. Don

here in upstate ny we have a Waterville ny also---the club there groomed for years with a tucker---pick up style----it was pink-----looked to me like it was repainted with cheap equipment paint and with sun fade it turned pink------I also have and older guy down the street that has an awesome lynn tractor and can tell you everything about a lynn tractor---I mean everything----he has been a logger his whole life----he has amazing footage of logging on the moose river upstate ny. with lynn tractors ----for anyone here that dosent know about lynn tractors you need to look into them----they were the first tractors with tracks----it is unbelievable the work they could do----when the builder of lynn tractors brought one to the moose river logging----the owner said if your lynn would pull a sled of logs like a horse (horses would die a lot in those conditions ) he would take it----the horse one sled of logs---the lynn 13 sleds hooked at one time----he bought a whole fleet ----

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
That might be Ernest Portner with the Linns,I know he lives around there somewhere,The linns in the movie in moose river belonged to Gould paper co.I think the movie was taken bt the late Rev.Frank Reed,also known as the lumberjack sky pilot. Don

we call him lee portner----he has a lot of super 8 movies with the lynn and logging----he has even gone back in the woods to the logging camps----the sad part is lee is getting old and not looking good and he knows so much----he is quite the guy---back in the day he even had portner fire dept. he still has one fire truck left that sits next to the lynn----he even would contract with the county to plow snow ----the snow was so deep on the north run he had 3 fwd trucks bolted togather and using hand signals would signal to go and with a v blade on frt. truck might go 20 feet---- his movies are unreal----one day in one of his shops he was showing me a set of--- lol--- tire chains that would go on horse feet for pulling logs on the ice----when ever I come across old super 8 move projectors I grab them ----some nights on movie night we might go through a few and clear tape repairing movies---ive tried for years to get him to put the movies on vhs or on a disc. now days-----so much history

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I found Lee a early 4 cylinder waukesha engine for one of his linns over here in N.H.,i think he drove thru a pretty bad blizzard to pic it up in Grantham. Never met him in person just on the phone,I know he is friends with Rene Elliott who grew up near the Linn factory in Morris N.Y. Don