• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pinzgauer For Sale?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This Pinz is for sale on another website I belong to. If it was a Volvo c303 I would grab it in a heartbeat. As it is, it is not the hardtop version, and I would much prefer a hardtop. I do like some of the modification he made. Price seems very reasonable??? The big problem, other than it is not a hard top, is that some of his mods are only 1/2 done and from my experience it is harder to finish a project that someone else starts because you never know what the heck they were actually thinking.

Check out the pictures, there are probably 20 on his website.
1973 710M
California registered...located in Encino, CA
Purchased Aug. 2000 From Mr. Sean Philyaw at Eurotruck
Mechanically excellent...Never had an issue. Drive line noise is minimal. Truck has taken me problem free as far as Baja and Burning Man. Always driven at 62 MPH on the hwy.
Around 6000 miles put on it since purchased.

1.jpg.jpg
IMG_2346.jpg

photos at:
http://crazycat.org/pinz

Modifications:

Custom Hardtop and rear section from Phil Kalamaros. Hardtop has twin sunroofs (removable). Between sunroofs is a custom console with a stereo housing and Hella dome light. Inside of hardtop is finished with perforated headliner tractor-cab soundproofing foam. rear section is finished as well. I have extra headliner to complete roll bar area behind drivers head.

Custom winch bumper with Warn 8000 24v winch. Mounts for D rings. Zero impact on approach angle.

Custom 2x3 box tube steel rails surrounding entire truck. These replace the existing wood rub rails. They wrap around and bolt to the bumper using rubber isolated mounts. This maintains the rubber isolation of the Pinz body, while also giving the bumper extra strength during off-center pulls. Body rails have 2 inch tubes going into welded sockets on the heavy wall section of the pinz body near each wheel. These also act as high-lift jack points at each wheel. The body tubes also wrap around to the rear of the truck where there are unfinished steel panels ready for LED lighting.

Custom "shortie" rear soft top. I purchased and mounted an extra pinz roll bar at the edge of the first set of seats. I only planed on running just the first set of seats, and the soft top was re-sewn to cover them. Top is dyed brown. I also have a complete regular green soft top.

Custom Toolbox/battery box replacing furthest rear seats. This steel plate cover has 2 compartments. The first is a battery tray section over the rear axle with room for 4 batteries (starting + aux). There is also a Bomar marine deck hatch to access tools and the 24v air compressor. This setup really helps keep weight on the rear wheels during offroading. The plate is flush with the seating area, so you can still fold down the front seats and carry a load. This also allows for both side boxes on the pinz to be used for tools, etc. (note in photo IMG_2376 the front edge looks bowed...this is just lens distortion)

Master craft racing seats. Driver seat is mounted to pinz seat hardware to retain adjustment, and has the optional adjustable lumbar support. There is an additional roll-bar reinforcement behind each seat that has mounts for 5 point harnesses (2 harnesses included)

High-lift jack mounted on front of truck. Steel backing plates on inside to distribute load. custom aluminum door panels with removable mastercraft tool pouches.

custom overhead lightbar with 4 hella offroad lights
Garmin GPS 3 wired for 24v with Ram mount
Inside of cab coated with herculiner
Doghouse has been covered with vinyl-loaded soundproofing foam on inside. Air tunnel also treated with herculiner and soundproofing foam...cab is very quiet.

Civillan distributor cap with civ wires.
Petronix upgrade
K&N air filter
BFG MT tires with ~80+% tread left
Front hub steps
All air hoses replaced with Aeroquip aircraft hoses
24v air compressor
Redarc 24v solenoid battery separator (imported from Australia) This allows alternator to charge starting batteries first, then charges aux batteries. Also has switch to parallel batteries together for emergency starting.

(2) Redarc 24v Battery equalizers. These are used on each bank of batteries to equalize the charge. They also allow you to pull 12 volts off the aux batteries for 12v accessories.

Compete set of new rear springs and caps (4 springs, 8 caps)
24v Hella HID worklight
Door locks
Trailer hitch
complete set of door weather strip for whole truck
complete set of replacement window track
Blue sea systems switch panel converted to 24 volts. This is mounted in the head pad of the drivers side. I also have 2 additional headpads.

Original swiss army soft door tops (need work)

Some other various spare parts...seals, carb kit, reverse light switch, etc

Also, all the things I have taken off (gun racks, etc).
The main work that remains on the truck is to have the rear bed finished. This includes wiring up the aux battery system, and building a box to house the electrics. My plan was to mount things behind drivers seat (in rear bed area) and build a box across the rear of the truck right below the rear cab. This box would enclose the small lip that is in front of the rear seats, and could be an additional tool/storage box. Once all this was worked out, I was going to coat the rear bed in rhinoliner. The overhead console also needs to be wired up...speakers would need to be fitted for the stereo.

The rear bench seats need to re-covered. The windshield wiper motor needs a new gear. The speedometer does not work (I just use the GPS).
The fuel gauge does not work. There are a few dings here and there, but nothing serious. There are a few holes from mounting a heater and running battery cables in an earlier setup...nothing that can't be patched. There is no real rust to speak of...Southern California is pretty good to cars.

Over the last couple of years I have tried to start up the truck every month or so and move it forward and backwards to keep things lubed. The truck starts fine, though the batteries seem to be a little tired. I also think the carbs could use a cleaning/adjustment as it smells like it is running a little rich. I have the batteries wired up temporarily (but safely) to drive it around, and have taken it out recently...the truck runs fine. The rear lights would need to be temporally mounted, as I was planning on mounting some LED lights on the rear.

This has been a great truck. I have had a ton of fun in it. As you can tell, I am not too big on keeping things stock. If you have hang-ups about a truck not being stock, this is not the truck for you. However, if the mods here work for you and you are comfortable finishing off what I have started, then you could have a one of a kind Pinz.

Asking $13,000 OBO

Photos available here:
http://crazycat.org/pinz

Feel free to give me a call @ 818.625.8156 or email with any questions.

Drive safe everyone,
-Howie​

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is a Pinz on Ebay, this is much closer to what I am looking to buy. I still would prefer the Volvo C303 and may have gotten a lead on one that is located in Ohio.

This Pinz is a model 710K, which if I buy a Pinzquer is the model I would prefer to buy. It looks to be in nice clean condition, no visible rust, fresh clearcoat paint, and a sound looking interior. Asking price on this is $10,000, which seems very reasonable.

There are many more photos on the auction, but I've posted 3 here. See the auction for more information and photos.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=180020023288&ih=008&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Vehicle Description [/FONT]
You are looking at a 1973 Pinzgauer 710K Swiss Army Military vehicle. This is a 4 door model with a complete hardtop. This vehicle is equipped with a 2.5 Litre 4 cylinder air cooled engine with shift on the fly 4 wheel drive and a 5 speed standard transmission with high and low range. The vehicle has 100% selectable locking front and rear differential that can be shifted on the fly from in the cab. This vehicle is in excellent shape for it's age with 36387 kilometers which is approximately 22,610 miles. Top speed of the vehicle in high range is about 65 mph. The pinzgauer has the electronic pertronix ignition upgrade installed. I stilll have the points ignition should you want to install back to oirigonal. This vehicle runs and drives well. This vehicle was purchased from swissarmyvehicles.com in December of 2005. My wife has decided I must sell it so here it is. The truck also has the gas heater in the cab and it works great. Tires are about 60% tread on front and 40% rear. The truck has been repainted the same color as it was when purchased with PPG paint. Instead of the vehicle being left the flat color it was it now has a clear coat finish. This vehicle is being driven some so mileage may be a little more if sold. Being this a used vehicle it is being sold "AS IS". Buyer is to pickup vehicle if sold or to make all shipping arrangements. Payment to be received by Certified funds only Cashiers Check or Money Order within 10 days of the auction close. Seller reserves the right to end this auction early at anytime. Vehicle can be viewed and driven in Port Lavaca Texas.​

Attachments

• 35_1.JPG
    35_1.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 995
  • e3_1.JPG
    e3_1.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 992
  • 2c_1.JPG
    2c_1.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 986