• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hi ho , Hi ho ,Its off to work we go !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I talked to a friend of mine he says the grain in the rug has to be going in the same direction might have been your problem?

I just think I was not born to be a carpet layer :doh::sad:. I'll go back to diggin in the dirt . Its a lot more fun .Thanks for askin !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well ,,, yesterday finally came together !!!It reminded me of my old working days . I got 400 square feet of new decking laid under the covered 10 x 40 porch entry .Today I can install the new flooring in the interior entry way and start finishing up the last few items on my "to do"list before the new tenants arrive . The annual Spring mud season looks like it has arrived here as everything is ankle deep in goo . I ended up laying down plywood around the deck to keep from sinking !!! The light is getting brighter at the end of the tunnel !!!:clap:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Another work day on the apartment . Pictures in a few days . Insulated under the stairs and it made a huge difference in the place . Installing the new stair risers and threads today.

The new big whole house water system showed up so it will be installed in a few days . I have 150,000 gallons of water rights per day from my stream on the place so that should more than cover all my water needs :clap:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The light is getting brighter at the end of the tunnel !!!:clap:
POOBAH, RUN!!! FAST!!!! It's a train in that tunnel and you don't want to get hit.

Go sit at the table with some crayons and color this picture as your reminder.

NO%20ROOM%20IN%20THE%20TUNNEL!%20-%20(featuring%20Wile%20E.%20Coyote).gif

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Headed down to help the wife clean the new apartment . I am struggling this morning . Arthuritis is really acting up bad . I may just stay downstairs and work on the new water filter system .Trying to glue up the new cabinet door faces and get them installed to .

If anyone feels like going up and down stairs about 200 times hauling crap to the wifes new storage room , be my guest .:sad: I got 3 -4 days to get it all moved .Then my shop will be all mine again !!!!:wow:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Looks like we are about done .I think the new tenents arrive next week .

Installed the new tankless water heater yesterday !:smile: Why would anybody ever buy the old style water heaters again ???

Furniture is being place , cabinets doors are just about all installed and I am hanging the new curtains . The new Bar-B-Que may get assembled and set up on the deck along with the deck furniture today . Furnishing a rental is more work than I thought . Always seem to forget something simple like a toilet plunger .

Wish my kids were here to hook up the VCR and DVD player . I hate doing that :sad:.

Finally starting to see some room in my shop at last ! Its been a long time since I saw that :biggrin:.

I'll being taking a series of pictures of the inside and post a couple for your inspection .

People talk about the high cost of building , but I think the Barn / Apartment came in at a pretty good price per square foot .

Now I did not include my labor cost but a completely finished and furnished 3 bed/1 bath 1600 sq ft apartment and about 3500 sq ft of barn/ shop with a full bath and the wifes 150 sq ft Hobby room all "heated " ended up costing about $13 to $14 a squre foot .
:smile::biggrin:
I think that is pretty damn cheap .
Kinda shows the money you can save if you can "do it yourself" .

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Hell, I see more of her naked than most folks do! Got it so warm in the greenhouse the other day she was shedding clothes while working out there.:brows:

I've been trying to ignore this, but if I don't respond I'm afraid my head is going to explode; a person can only suppress one of these just so long.

So, how often do most other folks get to see her naked?!? :brows::whistling: :yum::yum::yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I failed to convey the message properly. I meant more than most other folks see of their wives naked. She was out there in a tank top yesterday! When she is sweating the fresh sprouted plants are happy! And so am I!:brows:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I failed to convey the message properly. I meant more than most other folks see of their wives naked. She was out there in a tank top yesterday! When she is sweating the fresh sprouted plants are happy! And so am I!:brows:

:weneedpic :nopics:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well ... Its finally done . 3 years of work as time allowed .

Attachments

• DSCI1481.jpg
    DSCI1481.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCI1489.jpg
    DSCI1489.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCI1495.jpg
    DSCI1495.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCI1498.jpg
    DSCI1498.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCI1499.jpg
    DSCI1499.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCI1509.jpg
    DSCI1509.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCI1513.jpg
    DSCI1513.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCI1511.jpg
    DSCI1511.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCI1515.jpg
    DSCI1515.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCI1507.jpg
    DSCI1507.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 83

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well,

We just about got the wifes hobby room in the barn finished today . I got the upper cabinet built today and will finish up the lower base cabinet and the folding wall table tomorrow .With this finished she will now be able to do her jewelry work out leave it laid out on her design table .

With a full bath attached to her hobby room and my own door from the shop to the bath it will not matter how dirty I get . I can shower in the shop:biggrin:. I keep thinking I want to live in my shop . I had the stereo crankin in the shop today and it was pretty nice .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Actually ... we are having a big barn dance and party .To thank all the locals who provided support and the merchants who provided material. I am making Mai Tai's and we are doing a roast pig . The wife wants a band but I think we should have a DJ so all kinds of music can be played . Probably going to happen around the 4th of July .I am thinking about 100 people .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
well no one said I could only have one party ???? Its my barn !:wink::w00t2::clap:

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
very nice work Al,looks like you have plenty of room for the party,dancing gilrs and pony rides?..........:biggrin:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
MY GOD ! I think i actually see some blue sky !!!!:clap::clap:

Today the tile will be installed on the hobby room bath . Since I can install it myself , Its the cheapest way to go as far as I am concerned and it last forever .
Very soon , I'll be headed down to Calif to haul back my "boom lift" so I can start the last phase in the shop of installing the ceiling finish. I hate working off ladders .