• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hi ho , Hi ho ,Its off to work we go !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Finally ! I get to go down to my new barn and start finishing up the interior . Its snowing lightly and a perfect day to turn up the heater and just start puttering around inside .:whistling:
I figure I have about two weeks worth of work upstairs in the new apartment and then I can spend my time downstairs finally making my shop into the ulimate "Man Cave" :clap:.We have about 3-4 more months of bad weather ,before it starts warming up enough to get much done outside .:smile:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Bet you won't make one week before the honey do's pop up again. You better get a bed setup quick down in the shop area so you can hide when she throws you out!:w00t2:

snow dog

Finally ! I get to go down to my new barn and start finishing up the interior . Its snowing lightly and a perfect day to turn up the heater and just start puttering around inside .:whistling:
I figure I have about two weeks worth of work upstairs in the new apartment and then I can spend my time downstairs finally making my shop into the ulimate "Man Cave" :clap:.We have about 3-4 more months of bad weather ,before it starts warming up enough to get much done outside .:smile:

at this pace it'll be next winter before you host snow cat races

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Arent you suposed to go back to Calyforication to get the rest of your stuff??
And maby help your old nebor out with a few chores just for good will?:whistling::yum:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
at this pace it'll be next winter before you host snow cat races

It will get done when I get all the crap from moving cleaned out of my shop . I'll be ready by next year with my new KT3 Super Dooper !

Weren't you supposed to be heading to Panama to get away from all that cold and snow!!!!! :biggrin:

Change of plans . The son is getting married so we postponed Panama until Sept .

Arent you suposed to go back to Calyforication to get the rest of your stuff??

Its safe until the weather improves .

And maby help your old nebor out with a few chores just for good will?:whistling:

He can kiss my Ass and if you keep talkin like that , there may be a little spot for you too .:unsure:
:yum:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Any Pics BigArse?
Hey Mouse Ear !!!!!! How you doing ?

I finished up the base cabinets today and start the new built in bunk beds tomorrow . The place is coming out real nice . I have a bad habit of building what I want instead of just keeping it simple . This new apartment has all the bells and whistles . I'll post a few pics next week .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well...... Its been over two weeks of working every day and I ain't done yet . I figure about another week and the place will be ready . The new renters move in on the 8th . Working every day is starting to wear me down a little . I'll be grouting the new counter tops today and laying new carpet in the bedrooms .I'll grab a set of pictures soon . :unsure::neutral:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I think you are spending entirely too much time with the wife! It is just slowing you down and adding to the frustration. Just bunk down there for a week and get er done!!:hammer::yum::yum::yum:

snow dog

I think you are spending entirely too much time with the wife! It is just slowing you down and adding to the frustration. Just bunk down there for a week and get er done!!:hammer::yum::yum::yum:

this advice comes from a man who rarely sees his wife!:hammer:

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was trying to figure out which of the seven dwarf's you are

how-to-draw-the-seven-dwarfs-from-snow-white.jpg

It's a conundrum between Happy or Doc

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Grumpy .....for sure . Oh and by the way ......I decided I hate doing tile work as of today .Grouting is a pain in the ass . :sad:

snow dog

It's dopey, Al's rant depends on what dope he taking on any day.

Most of the time, he's just high on life !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
It's dopey, Al's rant depends on what dope he taking on any day.

Most of the time, he's just high on life !

You might be more right than you know . Today has been a Dopey day .The dark tobacco brown grout took forever to get cleaned up off the tile . I torn a big ass hole in the new flooring when I scooted the new cook stove in place . Bummer ... Now I get to repair that too .

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
this advice comes from a man who rarely sees his wife!:hammer:
Hell, I see more of her naked than most folks do! Got it so warm in the greenhouse the other day she was shedding clothes while working out there.:brows:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
How in the hell do the carpet layers get such nice seams when they install carpet ?? Thank God my only seam is in the Storage room but it looks like crap . I tried everything I can think of . Its a low pile commercial grade carpet .

Even Tile work is more fun then this :sad:

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Did you lay one piece over the other and cut the seam at the same time?

That is the way I do I'm not a professional and I didn't sleep at a holiday Inn lastnight.

That way they match even if you have a rum or 2 while doing it:w00t2:

tom

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Did you lay one piece over the other and cut the seam at the same time?

That is the way I do I'm not a professional and I didn't sleep at a holiday Inn lastnight.

That way they match even if you have a rum or 2 while doing it:w00t2:

tom

Yep . Thats exactly what I did . But it is obvious I did something wrong :sad:

Thats the way I also did the vinyl and it turned out perfect .

The rest of the rooms have no seams and turned out great . So much for selling my services as a carpet layer .

I think two different things are happening here .
1. I am tired of working every day on the place and I am starting to nik pic my work apart ..
2. The seam is probably not that bad but when I am trying to match the two carpet pieces together it seems to draw my attention away from everything else .
I have a new respect for carpet layers .
One more room and all the carpet is done . Should be downstairs in another day .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
hows the snow blower?
Its fine . I did about 2 miles of road this morning . I think I under estimated how fast it is .:yum::yum::w00t2::wink: .
The county now has me taking care of the local roads where they fear to tread :biggrin:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I love it ! Wake up to about 3 " of new snow . The ground is so frozen I just leave tooth marks in the ground using the backhoe trying to level the area under the covered porches where the new decks will be . This Afternoon its 50 plus degrees and I am knee deep in mud !:glare:

Finally got all the floor joist installed and called it a day . Hopefully it will freeze up again tonight and I can get the new decking laid in the morning before it thaws out and everything turns to mud again .

When this is done , Once I get to go hide out in my shop, no one is "EVER" going to find me again !!!:w00t2:

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep . Thats exactly what I did . But it is obvious I did something wrong :sad:

Thats the way I also did the vinyl and it turned out perfect .

The rest of the rooms have no seams and turned out great . So much for selling my services as a carpet layer .

I think two different things are happening here .
1. I am tired of working every day on the place and I am starting to nik pic my work apart ..
2. The seam is probably not that bad but when I am trying to match the two carpet pieces together it seems to draw my attention away from everything else .
I have a new respect for carpet layers .
One more room and all the carpet is done . Should be downstairs in another day .

I talked to a friend of mine he says the grain in the rug has to be going in the same direction might have been your problem?
hey said to mate the right side to a left side (what ever that is)

I must have been lucky!
I didn't realize there was a grain unless the rug had a pattern cut in it.