• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fixing the old place to sell = Pain !!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Major Moving problem has been solved . I took my 20' equipment trailer today , and turned it into a enclosed Cargo container trailer . I should be able to cut my moving loads in half :clap:.
More good news is the new owners called today and said to just use the shop to store anything that I did not want to move to Idaho , right now .
I have decided to leave the Model A and the wifes car here until the spring .
I'll start loading house furniture and boxes tomorrow for my return trip next week . I believe I can just about load out the house in one trip .We plan to mostly buy new stuff for the ranch house so I really only am hauling a few pieces of old furniture for the new apartment . The rest will be sold or donated locally . The shop will take two trips . I have to be out by the 31st of this month . I still have the house to reoil and the shop to repaint inside before I leave . Its going to be nuts around here for a while :w00t2::w00t2:.

I'll be taking my Brother along on this 3 day trip as my relief driver . He has heavy experience driving and running equipment in extreme weather . Should make life a bit easier .

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Al, make sure you seal any seams on your new cargo trailer real well. Water and slush get in anywhere at 60 mph!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey Al, make sure you seal any seams on your new cargo trailer real well. Water and slush get in anywhere at 60 mph!

I am tarping everything inside and out twice . Just went to Home depot and picked up the tarps .

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I am tarping everything inside and out twice . Just went to Home depot and picked up the tarps .
Strap them down as much as you can. Tarps have a bad way of working loose and flapping and shredding. I went through a few moving to the hills.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Strap them down as much as you can. Tarps have a bad way of working loose and flapping and shredding. I went through a few moving to the hills.

I run a stretchable cargo spider net over the whole thing . They work great !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well ... My brother Bobby has signed on as my relief driver for this coming week . I'll probably shoot for a take off date of Tuesday or Wednesday .
Hope for good weather !!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
It was a good day ! :w00t2:I got the lower garage cleaned out and all the kids stuff has been delivered to their homes :clap:. Also made a big trip to the dump to discard crap that should have gone there years ago . Going to start loading the trailer tomorrow for my next return trip to Idaho!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just remember what you toss to the dump or scrap pile will be the first thing you need when you get to Idaho! I think it has to do with jogging the memory when you see it right before you scrap it. I try to do a mental inventory every few months in my shop and basement just so I won't go out and buy something I already have.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Spent the whole day packin the trailer . The downstairs is pretty much done . I would be pissed if it was not for the fact that I am finally getting out of Calif .I HATE PACKIN AND MOVING WITH AN EXTREME PASSION !!! I can't believe how much crap is loaded in the truck and trailer . I got about 4 sets of lamps to try and find a safe place to ride and 3 big pieces of glass tops .
One more big load and this house will be empty . :biggrin: Then its time to move the shop .

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the whole day packin the trailer . The downstairs is pretty much done . I would be pissed if it was not for the fact that I am finally getting out of Calif .I HATE PACKIN AND MOVING WITH AN EXTREME PASSION !!! I can't believe how much crap is loaded in the truck and trailer . I got about 4 sets of lamps to try and find a safe place to ride and 3 big pieces of glass tops .
One more big load and this house will be empty . :biggrin: Then its time to move the shop .
Dumb question Al , but Ya ever think about just quit buyin crap so Ya dont have so much ? Or better yet invite the neighbor over I,m sure that would lesson the problem , :flowers:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
It ain't my crap ! It belongs to the wife !:shifty:

I hada feeling that wasn,t going to go over so well Al :biggrin:. If I would have known it was your wifes stuff I would have suggested , Just Getter done & be quick about it :yum:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Yep ! I love that women and i'll move her crap to the day I die . She is the best part of me .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Trailer and truck are all loaded but I messed my back up this morning and been down most of the day . This evening the wife helpped me tarp the load as we are expecting rains tonight and tomorrow .

No way in Hell I can drive til the swelling goes down on the nerves . Damn that hurts .....:sad:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sleep good, suck it up and get er done! It is only 1200 miles!:whistling: Nothing worse than hurting before you start a long drive. The pain just gets worse with the miles and the trip seems like it will never end.:flowers:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Sleep good, suck it up and get er done! It is only 1200 miles!:whistling: Nothing worse than hurting before you start a long drive. The pain just gets worse with the miles and the trip seems like it will never end.:flowers:

Nieghbor bought over one of them roller massage things .... They work pretty well . I may see if the wife can find one that will work on 12 volt before i leave .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
As long as I can get over Donner summit without chains , I am leaving in the morning , with another load . Back feels like a piece of glass on a rocky road :unsure:.
I figure I can be miserable on the road or miserable sitting here at the house. :w00t2:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck Al. Watch those downhill stretches don't push you around!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
be safe Big Al don't want our favorite krusty owner hurt

I am too grouchy to get hurt , That just makes me meaner :wink:

Good luck Al. Watch those downhill stretches don't push you around!
Took the truck and fueled up in town and was kinda surprised at how easy the trailer towed . I guess furniture is really not that heavy , just bulky . I am no speed demon . Got the trailer breaks working perfectly too . Its a 14 to 17 hour trip depending on the weather and road conditions . I'll be back in Calif on Saturday night late .
If all goes well I plan to make another trip next Tuesday . Come Hell or high water this move is getting done !!!

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Al if you have room on one of your loads I have a Blade in Sac I would really like to buy...........

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Its to bad some of us arent close enough to come help. sorry al. Later Jerry.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey Al if you have room on one of your loads I have a Blade in Sac I would really like to buy...........

Mike , Send me some infor and let me see what I can do . How big a blade ? Whats it weigh ?

If I can , You know i would be willing to help get it as far as Elk City .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Its to bad some of us arent close enough to come help. sorry al. Later Jerry.

Jerry , I would gladly pay or trade some of the best Elk and deer huntin in the lower 48 to be done with this move !!!!!

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mike , Send me some infor and let me see what I can do . How big a blade ? Whats it weigh ?

If I can , You know i would be willing to help get it as far as Elk City .
LOL Al I would never expect you to do this. It was ment as a joke. thank you for the offer. thats what LTL truck shipping is for. Mike

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey ! Thats what friends do . I may not be able to move it but I would be glad to help anyway I can . I'll be back in Calif on Saturday Night and leave again on Tuesday for idaho . Just let me know if I can help .:smile:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
OK Guys .... 4 AM comes early so I am going to take my sorry ass to bed . See you all in about 3 - 4 days .

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck Al you probably wont see this till you are there but be safe!!
Jerry

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
OH Man ????? Where the Hell am I >.????? I picked my brother up at 5AM and was sitting in Elk City 12 1/2 hours later with 750 miles recorded . Planned on staying a full day unloading and turning back this morning . As we are unloading 4 neighbors showed up and we emptyed the truck and trailer in about 30 minutes . My CRAZY BROTHER says to me " Lets save a day and head back for another load today, right now!" . 20 minutes later we are on the return trip . Thats the fastest I ever made that trip . Roads were perfect !!! I swear I saw myself going in the other dirrection somewhere out in the Nevada desert . :unsure::unsure::w00t2::w00t2:
I'll probably load today and head out in a day or two again .