• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

"Holy Crap!" - BOHICA

WVBill

Mid Atlantic - East Coast.....

THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NOW IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...POTENTIAL FOR 8 OR MORE INCHES OF SNOW. THERE IS
A GOOD LIKELIHOOD OF SNOW IN EXCESS OF 10 INCHES.

* TIMING...MID TO LATE AFTERNOON TUESDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY.

:yuk:

(BOHICA = "Bend Over Here It Comes Again"

brazospete

MAYBE you yankees could contact the weather control agency in Washington DC and ask them politely to stop the Deep Freeze! FOIA the HAARP project,investigate the PATENTS, CUT the FUNDING turn off the TRANSMITTER and just see what happens! Not that there is ANYTHING SUSPICIOUS about the CHEMTRAILS or anything like that!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You better start making room now for places to plow it to. Nothing worse than getting the second or third blast when you are walled in from the first one.:hammer:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We are under WINTER STORM WARNING starting tonight. The heaviest band is projected to track south of the southern end of Lake Michigan (where I live). Chicago is expecting 8" of snow. We are hoping to get 12" here, but I'd settle for 8" to 10" if that is all that we get.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Schools were closed here today. Not sure how the bus will get down the back roads tomorrow.
We're under a warning as well. Fueled up the tractor and truck, Fluid Film on the bucket and blade. 2 gallons of milk. I'm ready...

k-dog

All this snow and I blew a hydraulic line on the loader on the tractor. It was touch moving that much snow with the box blade. Got a new hose Monday morning and got back to moving snow. Cleaned out the church lot and a couple of neighbors. My neighbors accross the road have their construction shop just up the road and were using bull dozers and a huge wheel loader to move the snow.
I went out earlier and moved the snow back farther in anticipation of the additional snow (I heard it was in the 10 to 20 inch range). Federal Government was closed Mon, Tues and most likely Wed. I'm loving all this snow.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like almost a rerun of the first storm. They have the National guard running cops around in D.C. when the street is not plowed and the second one has not hit yet. They better hope it warms up or it will be a while till the roads are fit down there.

Reno

Mid Atlantic - East Coast.....

THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NOW IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...POTENTIAL FOR 8 OR MORE INCHES OF SNOW. THERE IS
A GOOD LIKELIHOOD OF SNOW IN EXCESS OF 10 INCHES.

* TIMING...MID TO LATE AFTERNOON TUESDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY.

:yuk:

(BOHICA = "Bend Over Here It Comes Again"

You're getting what we had for Christmas...Blizzards, 10' drifts, -30 temps with winds to 45 mph, gusts to 55. Have fun we are still buried in places.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I use weatherbug for text weather but prefer the imagery from accuweather. I do have weatherbug and another local radar up because it's the only ones I can animate.

The snow actually started here at about 10:45 this morning. Luckily it's light and not causing problems. I'd like to have the kids home from school and Mrs. Zoom home from work before I'm ready to say "yee haw, let's go have some fun in the snow".

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just flurries right now. Put the Prius in the barn and plugged in the skid steer. Truck is ready and even has new shoes and plow flags. We shall see if it amounts to anything.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
over by Philly they're predicting 12-10".
The counties surrounding Norristown have already shut down.
My friend the librarian in Norristown is still at work because her boss hasn't closed the doors yet - or even told staff they are closing early....

My boss drove to B-more this weekend for a meeting yesterday. It was cancelled but she can't come home because the roads are so bad.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I never cleared the original 6 that we got. We had 6 more on top of that to day so far. I had to get my wifes Exploder back in the garage, she got stuck while trying to take her Mom to the Doc. Now we're going to get 4 more tonight with high winds. That ought to be fun.

brazospete

Don't get too relaxed they're calling fo snow in LUEDERS Tx tonight so round 3 is already on it's way! weatherman just predicted 4to 5 inches for thursday!