• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Skidozer questions

I'm looking at a Skidozer to buy, what should I look for or be aware of when I go to look at it again? I went there earlier today but no one was around, what I got was its a 5 man cab,Ford I-6,it has all the hydrolics for a 6 way blade but no blade, there was a number on the front 72503 dont know if it means anything. Dont know the year/size and it looks like its been there for awhile. Any info on a Skidozer would be muchly appreciated Thanx

snowbird

If you could post some pictures probably several forum members could help. I can't remember the rules about how many times you have to post an item before you can post a picture, if there was a minimum. I have a 1971 skidozer (without the factory hydraulics), but others in the forum are far more knowledgeable than I.

Went and looked at it again and still nobody around. This is what I found out model# SV74, chassis# SV 250S 497,motor# 3106T-22-HL. Upon further inspection it will definately need some TLC. Any info on this rig would be fanfreakintastic,,, heres some pics of the machine. Maybe someone could post a picture of what it should look like. And what would be a decent price to pay for this??

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 312
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 316
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 311
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 317

brianf

check out track belting,sprockets and tires, also look for cracks on frame and under cab, these are good machines, you can buy a complete runner for around $5000 to $10000 depends on time of year and condition, get it as cheap as you can, little things add up fast,
if you do buy it you will curse bombardier for the 20lbs of bondo they use to smooth out all the seams on the cab.

snowbird

In addition to the above: check to see if there's water in the differential case (gears get pitted), bearings that carry the sprocket can be difficult (and expensive) to repair, of course the engine and transmission would be good to inspect as well as wear on the brake bands (for steering). Could be a bunch of rust in the fuel tank.

In general appearance, however, on the plus side it appears that most of the machine is there and could be a good fix-it-upper. I think you'd end up with quite a desirable skidozer.

well I finally got ahold of the guy , the old fart says he's gonna keep it cause they might use it someday. Dirty bugger, but I'm gonna keep bugging him about it.

snowbird

I think I kept after the person owning the old Bombardier I bought for about 2 months. I think I stopped by about once a week. I never did see the actual owner, but I think it was his wife or secretary (they were probably old, too, but then so am I) who finally gave me the purchase price after he finally decided to sell it. It had been sitting in his lot with a bunch of other old stuff for several years. Hang in there!