• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Word Experts

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am trying to make a "Booklet" out of a 23 page document. My problem is the last three pages are set up as Landscape. When I convert the document to a Booklet it takes them last three pages and changes the to Portrait and then the right half half of the page disappears. I try changing the last three pages but after you switch the document to Booklet it locks all of the pages.

Anybody got any ideas on how I can keep them last three pages Landscape? I have an older printer that will take a document and keep it the way I want to but it is black and white, I need color.

murph

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Move the last three pages to a seperate Word Doc and print them seperately?

I can't help you with converting a B&W printer to Color - I think you need to just get a different printer (or three more color cartridges - Cyan, Magenta, Yellow) ;)

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Move the last three pages to a seperate Word Doc and print them seperately?

Can not do that as then they won't be part of the fold.

I can't help you with converting a B&W printer to Color - I think you need to just get a different printer (or three more color cartridges - Cyan, Magenta, Yellow) ;)

That is our problem, we just got a brand new Color Printer. It does not have the driver to allow you to do Bookfold. That is why I am trying to create the Book fold from within Word instead of the Printer Driver.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
What's the end target for this document? Is it going to be turned into a PDF or distributed as a Word Doc? Or are you printing it and then photocopying it?

benspawpaw

i am no whiz but cant you rotate the page so it wont change it or if it does then it will be right. just a dummy thinking.

Gatorboy

I think you need to change the page layout for those pages and only apply it to your selection or section. Sounds like it's being applied to the whole document.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
My son is having a look Murph but says he come across this before and quit has it gave him headache....fingers crossed he will stay focused and get an answer.

Edit....he tells me you made need to use Microsoft publisher thats what he done to do his Brochure for some school course work.....he says it has a booklet option.
If you have a full working copy of office 2007 publisher is an option on there to install.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
i am no whiz but cant you rotate the page so it wont change it or if it does then it will be right. just a dummy thinking.

If it is an inserted file of some kind such as a *.jpg that works. But only one of the three pages I can that to.

I think you need to change the page layout for those pages and only apply it to your selection or section. Sounds like it's being applied to the whole document.

I did try that but then when you print them 3 pages print out of line. They are the last three pages.

My son is having a look Murph but says he come across this before and quit has it gave him headache....fingers crossed he will stay focused and get an answer.

Edit....he tells me you made need to use Microsoft publisher thats what he done to do his Brochure for some school course work.....he says it has a booklet option.
If you have a full working copy of office 2007 publisher is an option on there to install.

Hope this helps.

I never thought of moving it to Microsoft Publisher. I will give that a try.

Thanks all of you guys for your input. I bought this new fancy color copier just to do this particular task and it does not have the booklet drivers. Our older black and white has the drivers and makes it a piece of cake to do. I have not signed the paper work on the new copier yet. I will be doing a tad bit of talking to the rep.

murph

Galvatron

what printer is it....could be worth looking for some updated drivers which aint too hard.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
what printer is it....could be worth looking for some updated drivers which aint too hard.

Actually my rep went out and did pick up a new driver but the drivers are too smart and won't install. Comes back as wrong printer.

Galvatron

Actually my rep went out and did pick up a new driver but the drivers are too smart and won't install. Comes back as wrong printer.

Type in the make and model number on google and add drivers to the search you may get lucky yaself....its funny as i had a lexmark X1100 series all in 1 and had nothing but trouble.....went and googled a new driver and all good.....then i spilled coffee in the bugger so replaced with a HP DeskJet F2280 All-In_one and this is much better with proper photo options.

My son is sure Publisher should do the trick anyway.:thumb:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Type in the make and model number on google and add drivers to the search you may get lucky yaself....its funny as i had a lexmark X1100 series all in 1 and had nothing but trouble.....went and googled a new driver and all good.....then i spilled coffee in the bugger so replaced with a HP DeskJet F2280 All-In_one and this is much better with proper photo options.

My son is sure Publisher should do the trick anyway.:thumb:

I will try Publisher at work tomorrow. I am thinking I may even be able to do it with Power Point. I just feel I need to beat on the Rep that sold me the printer a bit. :brows: :brows:

Galvatron

I will try Publisher at work tomorrow. I am thinking I may even be able to do it with Power Point. I just feel I need to beat on the Rep that sold me the printer a bit. :brows: :brows:

Give the rep a good kicking.....my son says power point is harder so go with publisher....he mentions it has better page folding options ect:thumb:

Good Luck.