• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Little-Known Blue Tractor

Trakternut

Pretty reminiscent of one that Allis Chalmers built way back. The plow, disc, or cultivator hung beneath, just as the mower deck does on the John Blue.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty reminiscent of one that Allis Chalmers built way back. The plow, disc, or cultivator hung beneath, just as the mower deck does on the John Blue.

Yep , I think farmall had a similiar model with a belly mounted cultivator on it as well . I found this odd because they were only made in 75/76 only 200 produced & only 30 known left in exsistance . I had seen there impliments for years , just never knew they made tractors . :wink:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Exactly what came to my mind when I saw the photo.

We have an antique steam & power show at the fairgrounds today (that I am going to miss because I'm attending a group shoot). We've gone in the past and they have lots of stuff that interests me there but never saw one of those blue tractors!

I still think the concept is viable, probably more-so now that so many people are turning back to gardening. If you had a 2 to 4 acre food plot with various crops it seems to me that one of those would be a great tractor to have for that type of garden.

Our modern compact tractors are really more like a shrunk down big tractor and are often better suited for FEL work or mowing than for actual farm work. In the same space one of these things with the mid/front-mount tools would be far better suited for small scale crop production than a compact tractor.

Trakternut

For the truck gardener, as Melonsdad mentioned, a tractor with this configuration would be perfect for cultivating. Since the tool bar is right below the operator, he can watch what he's doing without cranking his neck and back about like he would with a 3-pt mount tool.

The only reason I can see where he might buy a CUT would be if he wanted to only deal with one tractor and needed to do some FEL work, use a rear mount snowblower in the off season, etc.

Somebody's gonna resurrect the idea of such a machine as a John Blue or Allis Chalmers "G" and sell the heck out of it.