• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

TC33D won't restart after shutdown

was out mowing last week, grass was pretty tall and the screen gets clogged fast...I noticed the temp gauge starting to climb, so I pulled it under some shade and turned it off. There wasn't much on the grill or screen, but I cleaned them off and got back on. It'll turn over and fire right up, but dies immediately. So what is causing this? I'm guessing once it cools down I'll walk back out and she'll go...but it'll get kind of annoying. Thoughts?

Ironically my NH GT22a garden tractor did this exact same thing last fall but I just took it to a shop and they redid the carb and gave it a tune up and it's been fine since...not so keen on taking this to a shop.

well, it did this again yesterday...this time i started it and just pulled it out of the garage in the morning (it ran for less than 5 mins) sat all day and then tried to start it to pull it back in, did the start-die thing again...wife finally got it going after about 10 minutes of trying...:(

So what is causing this? I first thought it was a too hot condition, but that doesn't seem to fit after yesterday. Thoughts?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
If it is a diesel you are sucking air or losing prime. I would check for a leaking fuel filter gasket or loose line fitting. Any chance you have crap built up in the tank blocking the fuel flow? Might try unhooking the fuel line from the tank and seeing if you have a steady flow gravity flowing from the tank. Blocked vent on tank will also cause this.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i would want some more info like engine type and gas or diesel if diesel what ind of injector pump but the problem sounds like a safety circut every thing is bypassed when your cranking and than the safety circuts are in series when you are in run if you say had a bad over temp switch it could shut you down when you try to start the engine warm and work just fine cold also if you have a gas motor a weak coil can do the same thing.