• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My Grandfathers Hart Parr, and others....

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pictures of a threshing bee in Iowa....The Hart Parr is mine, and we use it during this weekend event to pull racks of bundles to the thrashing machine, most often powered by steam engine. Fun event, we look forward to each summer.

05-09-2008013857pm.jpg

Regards, Kirk

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Awesome! :clap: 18-36 perhaps? Along with the 88 to the left; that 15-30 [or maybe 10-20] is among some mean company! Gotta love the underslung Avery too!

Best disappear quick, before I find some more interesting threads; thanks for the pix! :thumb:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I used to collect Oliver stuff, still have some of it, but restored a Oliver Super 55 Diesel about 15 years ago. Hart-Parr was the predecessor to the Oliver tractor company. Got to love that old iron!

Trakternut

Which show is this?

As to the Avery.......ohhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! They're really sweet in a sawmill. Those governors are so sensitive that the log only has to come close to the blade and she starts opening up.

They've got a beautiful 40 at Rollag, Mn.

Okay, now you've got me pinin' for the smell of hot cylinder oil, smoke, and steam. Old Spice be damned!

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
GREAT PICS! there is a steam tractor show down in the boons here every year and i missed it last time but im hoping to get in this year. i will have to get plenty of pics if i make it!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup it's an 18-36 I or the last version made with flat spoke wheels, rather than the round ones of the earlier models. It is unrestored, and most who see it tell me NOT TO TOUCH IT with anything other than boiled linseed oil to preserve it. As of yet I just keep it clean and shedded. The lights were my grandfathers addition, donated from a 1926 Essex car.....This tractor has been a running example but for a few years in the early 70's when an uncle overhauled the Maddison Kipp oiler and the Bosch magneto. It has been inside for the most part as well. The engine was over hauled in 1949 with factory parts that were auctioned off in Charles City Ia. to free up wherehouse space for the new post war equiptment. After that it was used to run a feed mill, untill some time in the late 50's. We are blessed to still have it in the family.

The Avery steamer is a rare bird we have been told. Twin cylinder, and very smooth operation on the belt. Not so goood to pull with however as it is very heavy. The 75HP Case in one of the picks is the plow "traction engine". After we overhauled it and broke in the babitt bearings, it will carry the front wheels withthe 8 bottom plow behind it. The Case as a wide rear wheel with extensions, aslo rare we have been told. The show is at Jefferson Iowa in late July. Usually about 40 tractors of all makes show up, and every year the show just gets a little bigger/better. Always conflicts with other things to do on the last weekend in July though. They have a morning Tractor drive of about 35 miles that is really popular....

Regards, Kirk

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
With the condition of that I'd agree it is perfect in it's original clothes! Thought it was an 18-36, though didn't take note of the vintage until you pointed out the wheels; I'm still not certain which McCormick Deering is hanging out with the green guys. The lights had me scratching my head a bit too, but got typing and didn't think to inquire. Too neat!

Never particpated in a tractor drive; when slow - slower - and slowest are your only gears, I'd have to start 12hours early!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Hart Parr at top speed is something like 5 mph. So it does not go on the tractor ride. The UB Minniapolis Moline of my father's however is one of, if not the fastest road gear rigs around. It takes some running of the throttle not to run circles around most of the other tractors.......

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
farmers loved the molines they could plow all week come sunday hitch up a wagon and take the family in to town to attend church.