• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

just when negogations begin

working woman

Site Supporter
don't know how large this is going to turn out but here is a picture of the fron of my house taken from my sister's flyer

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 16

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
But had to laugh when she said she changed her filter a couple of times last year..Thought those were supposed to be changed one a month or three months tops
It depends on the type of filter. If it's one of those 1" thick blue things, yea, about once every month or 2. If it's a big, thick white thingy (<<< that's a technical term), twice a year is normally fine.

House looks good. Looks like a lot of yard.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks good WW. Congrats.
I have one of those thick filters like BC was talking about and we change them every 6 months. They are more expensive but it's so much easier to just change it twice a year so I like em. :thumb:

working woman

Site Supporter
It depends on the type of filter. If it's one of those 1" thick blue things, yea, about once every month or 2. If it's a big, thick white thingy (<<< that's a technical term), twice a year is normally fine.

Glad your technical term is in my language :yum:

working woman

Site Supporter
well, I hit my first "snag" yesterday. (I new things were going on way to smoothly) any body ever heard of a "drive by appraisal?"
Sure enough bank called yesterday and said they did a drive by appraisal, and the house appraised for a lot less 92,500.
Said that's funny, my sister just had it app. a year and a half ago and it app. for 102. Since then she herself has added more upgrades, not to mention that she just sided a 2 1/2 car garage.
The banker claimed that one of the reasons could be that since the housing market has fallen that all app. and house values have dropped.
Said I didn't buy it, that they either need to get the app. back out there and look inside or get a different app.
App. is going back out this morning.My sister has her old app. ready to show the guy to compare notes
Needless to say my sister and are a little upset, but I keep tellining myself it will work out if its ment to be.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Drive-by appraisals are normal as a first step and in general, accepted. Basically, they want to make sure your home value is "in the ballpark" of the requested loan amount.
You did the right thing by requesting a more detailed appraisal.
If it doesn't work out with them, work with another lender.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lenders are really being persnickety. Our daughter is an architect. She just had our first grand baby on July 29th. They are also in the process of converting a huge old barn into their primary residence. All the plans and appraisals were done before the baby was born. Then they got a call saying the plan was being reviewed further by the underwriters. The underwriters said the residence was to unusual for them to lend the money on. So the plans were modified to suit the underwriters. This took some time. Later in Sept. they had worked out most details when again they dropped the bomb. They were told their loan was not approved because our daughter had not yet returned to full time work. She planned to return Nov. 1st. To appease the leander she had to go back to work early. Her office is letter her do it from home at least, but what a pain. How petty of the bank. No responsible adult would apply for a loan and be building a residence and then not return to work after maternity time off. :pat:
So, instead of the construction starting this past August, it is just now getting underway.

I've never heard of a drive by appraisal. Pretty lame on the lenders part. Good luck getting it straightened out Judy.

working woman

Site Supporter
The apprasier was in and out in 15 min. He basiclly did a walk through, then my sister showed him her last app. and told him her additions. So he just copied everything down on his list from the other app. He told her that the house sure was deceivng from the outside.
so now its wait and see.

working woman

Site Supporter
. They were told their loan was not approved because our daughter had not yet returned to full time work. She planned to return Nov. 1st. To appease the leander she had to go back to work early. Her office is letter her do it from home at least, but what a pain. How petty of the bank. No responsible adult would apply for a loan and be building a residence and then not return to work after maternity time off.
So, instead of the construction starting this past August, it is just now getting underway.

this happen to one of my sisiters co-workers as well.
I know as soon as my loan closes I am out the door of where I work. I found out the bank ckecks to see if your employed up the day before loan closing.So I am really chomping at the bits to get going on my own. This will be the first time in my life I have ever walked out of a place, and burned the bridge behind me.:4_11_9: