• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Saga of the Lost Handbag!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Watering the flowers this afternoon, when I noticed something in the road. Turns out to be a women's purse that opened and scattered cash, credit cards, cell phone, etc all over the road. Old TR picks up everything and bring it in the house. I find a driver's license with the lady's name and address but no phone number anywhere. Internet search wants money to get that info so to hell with that.

Sooooo, I call the State Police. They have a number and call but no answer. I ask the cop to call back and leave them a message with my phone number but he had enough of me and pretty much said I was on my own. Thank you very much.

So, the house is only about a two miles from my house so I tell the wife lets just drive over and leave them a note and there is a nice ice cream stand on the way to get my maple soft serve. :yum:

We arrive at the house, no one home as expected but there is a police cruiser in the driveway. Suddenly it clicks for my wife. She starts putting two and two together and figures out the police officer is the son of a lady that used to baby sit my wife back in the day. Small world. My wife calls the lady who calls her son to come get the purse.

Turns out the policeman is the chief of police in a neighboring town so now I am golden when traveling through that town. LOL.

emceeghee

Banned
“To Serve and Protect” - the motto of our local police - I find they are most accommodating even in the smallest of requests if manpower of the moment is not stretched thin.

The state policemen want u to start at the local level following the chain of command. He has no business being rude if that was the case —i.e. the way u described it.

It turned out well for all in the end - and you made a new friendly contact person!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
“To Serve and Protect” - the motto of our local police - I find they are most accommodating even in the smallest of requests if manpower of the moment is not stretched thin.

The state policemen want u to start at the local level following the chain of command. He has no business being rude if that was the case —i.e. the way u described it.

It turned out well for all in the end - and you made a new friendly contact person!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No local police in my town, hence we are served by the State Police from a barracks 20 miles away. They are the beginning of the chain of command. This is Vermont. This is why we have few gun laws. :smile:

I have no ill will toward the State Police Officer whatsoever. He does what he has to do and I do what I have to do. Pretty simple really.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Butch, no matter what your liberal acquaintances say bad about you I still think you're a great guy!!
Mike