• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Weather change

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Yeah, we're all enjoying the fun of winter right now, eh? -20F this morning BUT the sunrise over the mountains was awesome!! Gonna be a clear and sunny day and warming up into the +20's!!! Can't bitch about that. Oh, I could, but nobody will listen. :yum::yum::yum:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have freezing rain and ice covered roads now.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Went out around noon when it warmed up to around 10F and truck would not start. Battery flatter then a flounder. So much for that battery. Borrowed the wife's car and made a trip to O'Reilly's.

Blackie fired right up with a new Optima. Blackie is happy now.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Went out around noon when it warmed up to around 10F and truck would not start. Battery flatter then a flounder. So much for that battery. Borrowed the wife's car and made a trip to O'Reilly's.

Blackie fired right up with a new Optima. Blackie is happy now.

The colder weather we have been having has done a job on one or both of the batteries in the F350. She's pretty easy to jump start and when you get her going, she runs and starts just fine so I think it may just be one of them that is sub-par … but which one???? They are both the same age.

I think that I'll wait until it warms up a little bit and dries out and then I'll go dig out the load tester and see what happens … or I may say to heck with it and go get 2 new ones. Boy, those Optimas are getting expensive and to be truthful, I'm not sure that they are worth it any more.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The colder weather we have been having has done a job on one or both of the batteries in the F350. She's pretty easy to jump start and when you get her going, she runs and starts just fine so I think it may just be one of them that is sub-par … but which one???? They are both the same age.

I think that I'll wait until it warms up a little bit and dries out and then I'll go dig out the load tester and see what happens … or I may say to heck with it and go get 2 new ones. Boy, those Optimas are getting expensive and to be truthful, I'm not sure that they are worth it any more.

They are not. I had a gift card given to me by the kids for Christmas from O'Reilly's so I used it for that. Ordinarily, I would have bought a Duralast Gold from Advance and called it a day. Those are cheaper and just as good.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Actual image from the storm in Ohio. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
c084a80105146d98f1e1e90809695bb2.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Y'all are brats.
Lol
Messy, slush, wind, rain.
Blahh.
I guess we got another round coming next Tuesday.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Been raining all day here, but that cold front is supposed to move in overnight with wind chills tomorrow.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. Call in the national guard. We've been in this deep freeze for weeks. Life goes on. Schools are open. Buses still run up to -40.

Canadian eh!!!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. This is too funny not to share. A buddy of mine back in my hometown did this video this morning.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156011457008513&id=508258512

Canadian eh!!!

Back in the Stone Age when I worked the winters up in Wyoming, I used to plug in the block heater every night. First thing in the morning, I'd get out of bed, pull on my Helly-Hansen fur insulated coverall and boots and make a dash outside to start the truck. Then it was a dash back inside for a shower and coffee. That truck didn't stop running for 12 to 16 hours.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
4” of fresh snow fell fast during the morning commute time. Limited visibility plus high traffic numbers slowed the ability of the salt/plow trucks to clear the roadways.

Watched an idiot drive southbound on US41, no vehicles with a 1/4 mile of him as he switched lanes from plowed to snow covered to plowed back to snow covered ... right up until he totally lost it, did 270 degree spin, into the ditch, bed cover popped off, probably bent his frame ... came to a stop and I saw an angry woman come out the passenger door. If he survives the night it will only be because the ambulance saved him from her rage.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Looks like you guys are getting a taste of the type of winter we have been having since November. The ice up here is the worst I have ever seen it. The other day we got over an inch of rain, then a flash freeze, then more snow, now a storm coming for tomorrow.

Winter Storm Warnings posted for about 9". That's OK, because I will have my errands done and will be nice and toasty making Beef Stew. Can't think of a better day to make that, eh? :thumbup:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
All I can say is the forecasters around here are all but saying, "shit's about to get real."

Gulp!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I can't think of anything worse than snow over ice. Four wheel drive isn't going to help. It just means that all four wheels will still be turning when the truck is on its roof in the ditch.

So, it's beef stew in your house when it turns a little parky outside. In ours it's sometimes stew but we're in Texas so it's usually chili. A BIG bowl of chili.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
and here's our (and maybe your) weather forecast ...

Attachments

• WeatherForecast.jpg
    WeatherForecast.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 58

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Well. They cancelled our severe cold warning.........

...for about 2 hours today then reinstated it. [emoji36]

It's only -18c but the windchill brings it down to -46c. Yes, it's f@##@g cold out there. I drove to the border earlier then was out and about all afternoon dealing with my wife's Yukon. It's good to go now but as it was so cold, it blew a power steering line. It gets better.... I topped it up Saturday night but Sunday morning, when I went to drive it the power steering pump was froze up. I could barely turn the steering wheel. So it was towed to the garage yesterday. They got it inside and let it thaw for a few hours and changed the hose. They also tested the battery among other things. It's a 2012 with the original ac delco battery that was supposed to be putting out 650cca. Instead, it was barely pushing 200cca. So I set out to find a new battery. That's a whole other story for another time.(let's just say I'm no longer welcome in Walmart) LMAO.

I found another battery with 750cca, came home, installed it. In the process of being outside freezing my a$$ off changing a battery, I dropped a ratchet and socket down the inner fender well. It's still there. On a warmer day, I'll pull the front tire and plastic inner fender to see if I can access it. Long story shortened is that my wife now has her vehicle back with a new battery and power steering hose. My a$$ fell off out in that cold, and I'm starting to regain feeling in my face.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
-13 right now.
Now they're saying windchill will possibly reach
-55 tomorrow.

Good Lord, I've never experienced that before.