• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I am so confused .........

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Went Trout fishing over the weekend and did great . So now the Salmon spring run is going on strong and the wife and I want to go . There is one problem ..... We have never fished for Salmon and do not know how to rig our poles . So yesterday I stop at the sporting goods store for advice . $73 dollars worth of crap later I am still confused . I get online to look up Salmon rigging for rivers and it only gets worst . There has to be 2 million ways to rig a pole for Salmon :doh:.
So I stop on the river to watch an old fart fishing . As I walk up he sets his pole down so I can't see how he is rigged . A real nice guy but no way in hell he is showing me his fishing pole . The bastard ....
So today I am hauling everything to the river and hope I catch something by accident . I now have 5 tackle boxes , 8 poles , 12 reels, something called a diver , two deedle tweeds and one deedle dum , oh..... and just in case . A dozen worms :smile:.

This is a good friend of ours who caught one on the river on Sunday . I am going to ask for her help !!!

Attachments

• Karen Crosby's salmon.jpg
    Karen Crosby's salmon.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, that's a big un. I bet they are fun to reel in. Good luck Al. I bet you figure out one way or another to make em bite.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Allen there are 2 ways we do it up here we either use large spoons like pixies or dare devels with red or green, or red and green vibrex spinners. or roe that we cut up the old lady's stockings to keep it together on the hook. salmon develop sharp teeth when they enter fresh water a steel leader is a must have. for silvers and reds dogs and pinks 15 to 20 pound test works good. on kings I like a heavy line like 50 pound. have fun

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
C6H2(NO2)3CH3

Much more effective than jigs and spoons and didlebooping poppers.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, that's a big un.
It just looks big. An old fishing trick of when you're getting your picture taken, fully extend your arms. The fish is then a lot closer to the camera which makes it look disproportionately larger than everything else in the pic.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Allen I forgot to mention wd 40 is such an attractant, that in some drainages here in Alaska the use of it is outlawed just like eggs are