• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

removing axle adjuster from frame on a 1200

spencerhenry

i am finally tearing into my cat. i have the tracks, sprockets, and tires off of it. the part that the front axle bolts to is bent and has been fixed in the past, and i have a good one off of my 2100 parts machine. i have removed the bolt that goes through the tube, but it feels like a spring is attached to the adjuster. it will not pull out of the frame tube.

Thiokol2track

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
look for two 7/16 bolts about a foot behind the bolt you took out, with a grease fitting in the center of it. Take those out. It sounds like your tugging on the hose that supplys grease to the piston.:smile:

spencerhenry

thanks.
i thought that might be the case but was concerned that it would be difficult to get the grease fitting back into position inside the tube if that wasnt it.