• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not much again. Leg spasms in both legs have left me immobile. I did get to the city to pick up some new filters for the well pump. And a trip to home depot to pick up wood for my next project; a 6ft tall shelving unit with a printer stand for the missus to sit beside her desk as she will be working from home for the foreseeable future.

I talk to myself to get an expert opinion.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't do much either. The weather forecast was for a cold front to come through with rain and high winds at around 10 o'clock this morning. Then it was supposed to arrive at noon ... nope. It finally got here about 2:30 this afternoon. We didn't get a drop of rain but that wind sure blew. I hope that it blew hard enough to clear the leaves off the driveway otherwise that's a job for tomorrow.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Morning everyone! I'm headed to my buddy's place to make a run of sausages again this morning.

We're getting a mixture of rain and snow today. There! I said it! The dreaded "S" word. Lmao. I'm looking forward to it this winter as I plan on having some fun on the new to me snowmobile this winter.

I picked up a new motocross style helmet yesterday for the side by side to protect my face in the cold. I had just those half helmets before. Good for the summer time but not so much when the temperature drops.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Gym this morning and then into Council Bluffs to help a friend, who is a disabled Veteran, then to a gathering to protest in front of Planned Parenthood, then to a gun show and then to a fundraising nacho dinner the American Legion to raise money for the honorable group 22 Veterans Suicide Awareness Association. Maybe stop at The Driftwood, which is a friendly neighborhood bar to BS with people.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Morning everyone! I'm headed to my buddy's place to make a run of sausages again this morning.

We're getting a mixture of rain and snow today. There! I said it! The dreaded "S" word. Lmao. I'm looking forward to it this winter as I plan on having some fun on the new to me snowmobile this winter.

I picked up a new motocross style helmet yesterday for the side by side to protect my face in the cold. I had just those half helmets before. Good for the summer time but not so much when the temperature drops.

We did a test run of pepperoni and 6lbs of sausages this morning. The pepperoni is in the smoker for the day.
b5f79abe5bb95cef45d1dabdfdd94333.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My Christmas tree arrived from Amazon yesterday, so I assembled it and put it in the corner to see how it would look there, then realized I need a small extension cord.
It has to be centered at the corner to keep my OCD from kicking in.
:th_lmao:

I've stored it standing up in the hall closet.
That's where it will stay until I pull it out again on Thanksgiving, and finish decorating it.

Today there isn't a thing in the world to do, but I'll think of something.

View attachment 130702

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not a bad day overall considering the weather. It wasn't too terrible this morning so I loaded up the side by side and headed to the bush to look for more birds. 2 hours later I had a limit and filled the back of the side with firewood. Every little bit helps to keep the garage woodstove going throughout the winter.

Since camping season is done, I started back at the church playing music. They've invested in new lights and a new sound system. That means I'm now plugged in wirelessly with a cordless jack in the guitar, a wireless headset for a microphone and a wireless ear piece to hear everyone playing.
0922d887e21d01642b7e403245426fe6.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I cut down my last fruit tree today, a peach. It's been in dire straights all year. I kept trimming off the branches as they died in the hope that it might recover but it wasn't to be and now it is gone. I kept some of the wood for the smoker. I don't know what the squirrels are going to do now that they have no fruit trees to pillage. I only have the pecan trees left and they didn't produce worth a flip this year which means, according to the folklore, that next year will be a bumper crop.

Tomorrow? I don't know. With super sow gone I may start to do more permanent repair to the yard that she tore up. Oh! I did find her with the help of three buzzards and two dogs. She ran about 30 yards from where I shot her her into a clump of scrubby trees and expired there. I tried to get in there and drag her out but it was impossible.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Right now I'm having coffee.
It's a start. :tongue:

It's heading towards noon and I'm still having coffee. I can't seem to whip up much enthusiasm today. I have a couple of things that I had planned to do but they don't seem nearly as important as they did when I planned them yesterday. :smile:

Maybe later.

Still drinking my morning java and for the rest of the day, in retirement every day is the same for me....plus I deal with nasty arthritis and my life has changed so much in last 10 yrs or so...with terrible hip replacement results....

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I had an unplanned busy day in the garage. When we moved in last year, everything got piled in the garage. I've been slowly working at it to get organized. Yesterday I picked up a big metal shelving unit so today I lit a fire in the garage and got to work sorting and organizing. I finished putting up some paneling in the stairwell to block it off and hopefully keep the heat downstairs. It's not finished but it's further along than this morning.

This afternoon I took a break from cleaning and tackled changing the tires on the snowmobile trailer. One lug is rusted solid and wouldn't come off. So tomorrow afternoon I may have to give it some convincing with a grinder then replace a couple of the studs.
3c107e567fbe04831eb1b81c852555a3.jpg
8471eac110c3e5d3740a29ce6d91a049.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got in from a weekend at the lake and some honeymoon time at the house in Springfield. We are starting to refer to the bungalow as our love shack. It is the only place where we can turnoff the phones and the kids and give some quality time to each other.

Problem with the Springfield house is the landlords new manager of the Mobile home park. We took the lot because it was a double and gave us lots of room. Formerly two RV lots that they could no longer use for two because of fire codes. Seems they cannot have two units within 12 feet of each other.
Well, a new manager set a 32 foot within four feet of us. And won't budge. She's been a complete @ss about it.

So we went looking for a new place. Found one inside the city limits of Springfield within walking distance of everything, including the Big Mall. All for just a few bucks more a month.
About the amount every month we spend on gas to go to town for supplies and dinner. It's an older park with full grown trees and well established residents. It has a high rating on Yelp, a few pluses like a pool and clubhouse. Best thing about it is we will be well away from traffic noise. Right now we are 30 feet from a major highway and the truck noise is sometimes it is un-tenable.

It's a lot of work to unhook a park model that we set down for permanent. But the wheels are still on it and we did not cut the tongue so I can do all of it in about three days. Only 20 miles to haul it, the one ton Dodge will make it just fine.

We hope we can be accepted to move in before Christmas.

I really don't need another major project but the situation out a Silver Bell in Robertsville is currently unacceptable. They could offer us a different site (they haven't) but the work of breakdown and re-set would be exactly the same.

And the wife is too pissed to stay.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck Franc. I tend to agree with your wife from what you've posted. That mgr at your current park is a jerk and will do something else to mess with you even if you moved to a new location in the park. And to get away from the highway noise would be a huge plus. Good luck with getting accepted at the new park and successfully moving.

I'm planning to watch the leaves change colors today. Close to peak time here.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck Franc. I tend to agree with your wife from what you've posted. That mgr at your current park is a jerk and will do something else to mess with you even if you moved to a new location in the park. And to get away from the highway noise would be a huge plus. Good luck with getting accepted at the new park and successfully moving.

I'm planning to watch the leaves change colors today. Close to peak time here.

Thanks Doc.

What is really ironic here is that because of the two hook ups, we were planning to set the little camper on the same lot. It is so small we would not be violating any codes. And the Park would have had it rented for six months. This was the agreement with the former manager who just retired.

The new one will not honor it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've got two appointments today.
Sure wish I could schedule those things back to back or at least closer to the other.

It's another gray/rainy October day.
The kind of day where you just wanna sip tea, curled up in a chair.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
e that here also. I like your chair idea on days like today. Cathy has Fibromyalgia and days like today demand such comforts for her.

She got to the office about 10:00 and first thing ramped the heat up to 80F.

In about 4 months, we will be looking at a 40 degree wet day as the welcomed signs of Spring. All relative ya know.

Stay well PG. You have those grandkids to spoil.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Headed out with my neighbor this morning to dismantle and load up a sauna where he used to camp before moving to our campground. We got it down and moved back to his place. He built it to take apart and move if needed.
daa518abb69bb6bc08539fcb2af08e5f.jpg
c91a6bd9ad6002be0078a3db266e49e9.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Headed out with my neighbor this morning to dismantle and load up a sauna where he used to camp before moving to our campground. We got it down and moved back to his place. He built it to take apart and move if needed.
daa518abb69bb6bc08539fcb2af08e5f.jpg
c91a6bd9ad6002be0078a3db266e49e9.jpg

Already snow on the ground, reminds me of where I grew up in Mi. Until I moved to Ca. I never understood the ( it will be a cold day in august) saying. In Mi it was always cold in August.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm seeing my podiatrist this morning about my foot fungus. We stopped trying the topical and went with internal medications. It seems to be working.

The doctor is cute as hell.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Stay well PG. You have those grandkids to spoil.

:smile:
I know, the middle one, Maddie keeps reminding me "know what, Nana? It's going to be Christmas".
I tried to explain to her we have a while to wait for that, then she retorted very matter of factly 'Daddy said after we eat turkey, THEN it's going to be Christmas'.

Well my teeth checked out good yesterday, the other appt. was the necessary annual poke and prod.

Today looks to be another gray one, but that's ok.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
That stomach bug hit me like a sledgehammer to the groin yesterday afternoon. I don't know where I picked it up. I haven't been into town or around people since last Friday. Not a good day. I didn't sleep worth a flip last night. It's a little better this morning but still not great so I won't be doing squat today either. I'm knackered.

I have to run into town for 5 minutes sometime today but that's going to be it.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
That stomach bug hit me like a sledgehammer to the groin yesterday afternoon. I don't know where I picked it up. I haven't been into town or around people since last Friday. Not a good day. I didn't sleep worth a flip last night. It's a little better this morning but still not great so I won't be doing squat today either. I'm knackered.

I have to run into town for 5 minutes sometime today but that's going to be it.

What did you have for lunch? Most stomach bugs are some form of food poisoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.