• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
we are in another heat wave this week all 100 degree days. WTF I'm tired of this shit.

In East Texas we might have crossed the line in to fall. After that storm came through last night it was a beautiful day in the mid 70s. It's supposed to be in the low 50s in the morning and heat up to the mid 70s again. That's how it is supposed to be ALL WEEK, with clear skies and no rain.

m1west, I'm telling you this for no other reason than to make you feel bad. :bolt: I'm an asshole! :smile:

For some reason, for the last 3 days my foot has been hurting like hell and today was the worst. I ran in to town for 10 minutes, did some piddling around the house and in the shop but mainly I sat around with my foot up. It better get well soon. This weather is too good to waste.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
In East Texas we might have crossed the line in to fall. After that storm came through last night it was a beautiful day in the mid 70s. It's supposed to be in the low 50s in the morning and heat up to the mid 70s again. That's how it is supposed to be ALL WEEK, with clear skies and no rain.

m1west, I'm telling you this for no other reason than to make you feel bad. :bolt: I'm an asshole! :smile:

For some reason, for the last 3 days my foot has been hurting like hell and today was the worst. I ran in to town for 10 minutes, did some piddling around the house and in the shop but mainly I sat around with my foot up. It better get well soon. This weather is too good to waste.

Thats all right the good weather is coming, the last time I remember a summer this hot was last year.:th_lmao:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
worked on the mini mini van anti rotation again, details in the tracked 4x4 section. When I was at the shop my buddy Robert came over, he is coming to the end with his cancer, we talked for an hour or so and he asked me for some favors for after he passes which I agreed to. I don't know how long he has but I think he is thinking its not long.

Last edited:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
worked on the mini mini van anti rotation again, details in the tracked 4x4 section. When I was at the shop my buddy Robert came over, he is coming to the end with his cancer, we talked for an hour or so and he asked me for some favors for after he passes which I agreed to. I don't know how long he has but I think he is thinking its not long.

I’m so sorry about Robert.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry about Robert. Good of you to be there for him.

At camp bird hunting again today. Didn't know if we would even come until 12:30. I got here at 2. By 2:30 we were out hunting. By 4:30 we had a limit of 10 birds.

The leaves are quickly falling. We're calling it a season at camp next weekend after Thanksgiving when we do a potluck dinner with all our friends.
33ab208969d8061492d5e033b83abe29.jpg
32dd6f47b54421e9e72e85a6b167d3ce.jpg
e0089849860d4efd47a9403c2a4d0b1a.jpg
94d70fa9578b3420dd0aa56ae85b69ee.jpg

Bannedjoe

I haven't posted much lately anywhere.
I've been up to my armpits in projects, starting at 4am and not getting done until I can't work anymore.
Then it's a quick dinner and off to bed to get up and do it again.
So much is, and has been going on, that I can't even list it all, let alone post about it, but here's an update on the addition that I slapped together today.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpGMYBSgyj4[/ame]

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't posted much lately anywhere.
I've been up to my armpits in projects, starting at 4am and not getting done until I can't work anymore.
Then it's a quick dinner and off to bed to get up and do it again.
So much is, and has been going on, that I can't even list it all, let alone post about it, but here's an update on the addition that I slapped together today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpGMYBSgyj4

Thanks for the update! You’ve made an amazing amount of progress!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
SFA planned for today other than taking one of the kids to an eye appointment. Which is probably a good thing as the cold rain the past few days has caught up with me. I could tell as soon as my feet hit the floor. Absolutely no strength in my legs to stand or walk without assistance. The other day at camp, I was fine during the day then later in the evening it's like someone flipped the switch off on my legs. I literally dropped to the ground and couldn't move my legs and had to be carried a few feet then sat up in a chair.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the morning making sausages. We did 50lbs of meat. Ground up, spiced, and stuffed then vacuum sealed.
7eef92ae9ae651c410467cf7644afd1d.jpg
67e0b7e9e863edee46aada48a8eecd66.jpg
09ee030b6f5aae5f1379eafe2de07f69.jpg

That's something that I've never tried and I do love sausage. I have a sausage making kit somewhere around the house. We were going to try it out but life kept getting in the way.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It was my wife's birthday today and we went out to eat dinner for the first time in six months. She said that she absolutely refused to cook her own birthday dinner so I had no choice really. We had a wonderful time. Great meal, good wine, nice music and a very pleasant evening. Pity that she is going to have to wait for another year for a repeat performance. Just kidding.

We've been fairly restricted for the past 6 months, taking all sensible precautions. Maybe it's time we broke out of our isolation.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The kids and I had planned to go on a day trip today, to a large pumpkin farm in Ottawa Lake, Michigan- but the weather isn't going to cooperate, and Jeff is sick.
We're going to try to go later on in the month.
Quiet Sunday here.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm going to spray the yard for bugs again. When I was walking around yesterday with the 2-gallon hand pumper spraying Round-up, I noticed that I had a new crop of ant hills. It's got to where I have to treat those little buggers about every 2 weeks. I can't seem to get ahead of them. Maybe this time.

Still got some clean up projects to do. I'm working at it, slowly but surely. At my age, slowly but surely is about all that I can manage. :smile:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm going to spray the yard for bugs again. When I was walking around yesterday with the 2-gallon hand pumper spraying Round-up, I noticed that I had a new crop of ant hills. It's got to where I have to treat those little buggers about every 2 weeks. I can't seem to get ahead of them. Maybe this time.

Still got some clean up projects to do. I'm working at it, slowly but surely. At my age, slowly but surely is about all that I can manage. :smile:

For us old geezer, slow but sure is close to the red line.:laugh3:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
According to this quote from an email,

"....Tomorrow Sunday October 4th at 2:15pm we will have the Trump Bus stopping by our office at 29 Main Street in CB and with the bus will be Matt Whitaker who served as acting US Attorney General and he will also have another special guest with him!...."

there's going to be a 'special guest'. I have no idea who but I'm going.

Shortly after that there is a meeting by a group called 22 Veterans Suicide Awareness Association. I'm going to that at the Council Bluffs American Legion Hall. They are very proactive and help a lot of Veterans, so I'm proud to be involved with them.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My concrete contractor has indicated he will do the dig out and pour next week So today I am digging back the decorative rock onboth side of theold driveway.

Small pebbles about 4" deep by 34" wide and 30 feet long. They have been there for 40 years and are well packed so first a pick axe to break them up and then about 20-30 loads in the wheelbarrow.

My corner lot has a 16" gravel border about 150 feet long between the street and the lawn. Over the years it has sunk or deteriorated so the gravel I am removing will just top that off like new.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We decided to skip camp as it was a mixture of rain and snow with -3c at night and only +4c during the day. No sense going out to be couped up in the camper burning propane. It's supposed to warm up this week though. Planning on Thanksgiving at camp then I'll look at the long term forecast and play it one day at a time before winterizing the camper and closing up for the season.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Been checking in on "Superman" all day.
He's not running a temp now, but his sinuses and throat are on fire.
He's sacked out watching football and eating soup per his Mama's orders. Rest!

I'm trying to avoid Facebook.
Crazy people.
Not my friends.. those other people.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I got my bug spraying done with 90-gals of SEVIN. I pull the 30-gal sprayer behind the Gator. I changed over to the little tractor with the 60 gallon sprayer on back and set out to kill some Johnson grass. I hate that stuff. If you don't keep after it, it will take over a pasture. I got the house side of the lake done and crossed over the new dam to get to the far side. Going down into the gully I ran over a stick and it came up and snapped the filter off the bottom of the sprayer tank. The shut-off valve was still there so I could shut it off but I can't repair it with 25 gallons still in the tank. I decided to cut my losses and drive around with it open until the tank was empty basically wasting 25 gallons of spray.

Every time I start to catch up on the work around here something happens to kick me in the nuts. Anyway, everything that I had planned to do this coming week just got pushed back until I get the sprayer fixed. Oh the trials and tribulations of living in the country. :hammer:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I got my bug spraying done with 90-gals of SEVIN. I pull the 30-gal sprayer behind the Gator. I changed over to the little tractor with the 60 gallon sprayer on back and set out to kill some Johnson grass. I hate that stuff. If you don't keep after it, it will take over a pasture. I got the house side of the lake done and crossed over the new dam to get to the far side. Going down into the gully I ran over a stick and it came up and snapped the filter off the bottom of the sprayer tank. The shut-off valve was still there so I could shut it off but I can't repair it with 25 gallons still in the tank. I decided to cut my losses and drive around with it open until the tank was empty basically wasting 25 gallons of spray.

Every time I start to catch up on the work around here something happens to kick me in the nuts. Anyway, everything that I had planned to do this coming week just got pushed back until I get the sprayer fixed. Oh the trials and tribulations of living in the country. :hammer:

My trip to the work cabin was a similar experience. I finished getting the cable from the solar container, under the foundation on the cabin then up thru the floor into the panel. Everything else turned to shit ( literally ) First while I was doing the electrical I also was filling a small water tank in my truck 100 gallons is all the truck will haul, then driving up on the road and draining it into my new 600 gallon tank. I got it full on Saturday and found I had very low water pressure, one yard spicket had a little water and another higher up had none. The bottom of the tank sighting it is about 6' higher than the yard spicket but no water. The old tank was about 4 feet taller it was around 1000 gallons. I primed the pressure pump under the cabin a bunch of times and got it to pick up the water, but when it built pressure and shut off the next time I turned it on the pump lost it prime. So I have to drain the tank move it up hill and re pipe then re fill. The next aww shit ( pun intended ) was Saturday morning when I flushed the toilet and it backed up. Upon inspection of the sewer line, there was a spot with a big rock I couldn't get out or avoid so the pipe was slightly exposed and it burned thru in that spot. So now I have to repair that also. 3 days of work and one day of progress. :shitHitFan:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
The day before I left to go to the cabin one of the garage door springs broke on the shop door, its 12'X12' so its a heavy door. Im glad it broke after it was down or it most likely would have ruined the door if it broke on the way down and me too. I found a set on eBay. You can't buy them locally anywhere even Homedepot?? The replacements will show in a few days.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Harvesting corn, that is down and can not be rowed by sight. :hammer:

Not fun, but there is corn in that mess out there. Just have to back off the ground speed and let the header pull it up into the machine. It sucks, might be done some day....

Regards, Kirk

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I was supposed to work on the sprayer today but when I went down to bring the little tractor up to the house, the battery was flat. I don't understand that. It's a relatively new battery and it started easily yesterday. I put on a battery tender. It should be good by tomorrow.

I decided to take care of a couple of 15 minute jobs. Over 3 hours later I've got them completed and I'm knackered, not just tired but the muscles in my back, shoulders and arms HURT. Sod it, it was already 5 o'clock and I should have just quit but ....

I was sitting outside enjoying the gorgeous fall weather and I think to myself that I need to get rid of all that junk that has been accumulating in the garage for months. I bring the truck around and load it all up to take to the dump tomorrow.

Now I'm really hurting so I decide that I need a painkiller, Glenfiddich I think. :thumbup:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Yesterday I went to the gym and then into Council Bluffs to help a friend, who is a crippled Veteran in a wheelchair, fix a problem in the floor of his house. Then 40 miles back home and then 10 miles north of here to deliver some Trump signs and bumper stickers to a couple who live on an acreage. I did that because last week I saw a Trump flag adhered to the side of their house that said, "TRUMP 2020 FUCK YOUR FEELINGS". Then I ordered THREE of them from here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085RH88RX/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_fab_Cs7EFbG0T4GNC

Today I'm going to the gym and later into Council Bluffs for a GOP meeting. There is a DAV meeting at the same time but the election is more important.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Appointments in the city this morning. Been bringing the kids in for their annual eye exams. Of course with covid they can't book all 6 kids at the same time so they're all spread out over 2 weeks. That means 6 trips to the eye dr for me. Same thing for dentists, orthodontist, family dr etc. Fun stuff. Don't know how we did it when I was working. Between appointments for the kids and my stuff, I often don't have time for anything else.

Doing another run of sausages next week. The last batch was supposed to be a medium heat but ended up quite hot. I'm fine with that but want some mild for the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.