• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I have to go have my dog put down tomorrow .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
She is about 14 years old now . The last of the three originals we had . She has cancer and a tumor on her side . Nothing they can do . She just walked by and I noticed the tumor looked different .
The thing has ballooned in size and is about to explode. Red blisters are all over it . She'll be lucky if she makes it till tomorrow .

I just don't have the heart to put her down myself .:sad:
God I hate for the wife to see this . She raised her from a pup .

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Life sucks sometimes. I had to put my best friend down a couples months ago. Was the hardest thing ive ever done but he was in pain and surrounded by loved ones when he passed on. Take care Al. Call me sometime.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I know it's tough, but be there when she goes to Rainbow Bridge. Hug her, pet her and say your last goodbyes. She'll be much more at ease when she falls asleep.

My heart goes out to you and yours, Al.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
My sympathy to you, Al. We went through the same thing with our lab mix a few weeks ago. She was 14 and had multiple tumors that were making her more and more uncomfortable. The decision to move ahead was when she could no longer lift her hind end by herself to stand. We knew at that point that we were doing the right thing, but it doesn't make it any easier. We had a fantastic vet who has more compassion than a lot of people doctors. No, it's never easy, but it's the most humane thing for your pet. My heart goes out to you.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks guys ..... I just told the wife .... I'll let the vet make the final decision , but I can't stand to see her hurt . :sad:Maybe he can bleed off the presurre or something .

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
My sympathy,s Al , its never easy but sometimes for the better , I,m sure you allready know but you,ll see it in there eyes when its time to let go . :sad:

Some people hold on to long & think of themselves instead of the suffering your best friend might be going through , IMO . :flowers:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I hate to hear this. It's always very sad, but such is the way of life. I know you'll do the right thing to prevent the animal's suffering. Be strong for your family. We're here for you.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
sorry to here that Al my Dog Macarther is 13 now and pissing in his sleep it's got so bad he hasto sleep at the shop now i'm figurin his days are also numbered i have never had such a good dog so i know how you must feel

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You know Al, I've been owned by a lot of doggies in my life.
All of them special and unique.
Mostly Dachshunds.
Each time it hurt a whole lot to say good bye to them.
I cried with Nixon over the telephone when he and Jan lost their Mona.
It's never easy.
Don't know what I'll do when Gretchen's time comes.
She's the first dog I've had where it's just me with her.. no kids or spouse around.

Be strong and take comfort in knowing you've given her the best of everything.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I hope it goes smoothly Al. My 14 year old is still hanging in there. She has a golf ball sized fatty tumor on her belly and bunch of other bumps but is hanging in there. It's hard seeing them get old.

Make it easy on them and don't let them suffer and know you are doing the right thing.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well Crap ! The tumor just busted open . UGH!!!!!

I'll have the vet come out in the morning to see if anything can be done for her . She is not whinning or showing any signs of pain , but it don't look good . The wife is going to rig up a diaper for her to wear tonight ,

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My condolences Al. I know how tough it is to go through. :(
At least you have not had anything else stressful in your life of late. :poke: :yankchain: :hide: (Hoping that made you smile)

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well The vet came to the house and looked at Maggie . He decided not to put her down yet . The reasons are :
1. She is still eating
2. She still goes outside to pee or poop .
3. She still wags her tail .

He did tell us its getting close and he believes she has a month at best but he felt she was not suffering , even though the tumor has ruptured . This is the worst looking thing I have even seen .Blood everywhere ! Yuck !
I am not so sure this is best , but no way in hell I am going to tell my wife that :unsure:.
I have a bad feeling we will be addressing this issue again in a couple days at best . :sad:

baldy347

my thoughts are with you Al and know how you feel having lost a Malemute to cancer a couple of months ago so i know it's rough.