• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New STAR TREK movie

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone see the new STAR TREK movie?

Its been out 3 weeks now and we went to see it yesterday. First off, I'm reasonably geeky, so I like sci-fi in general and STAR TREK in particular. Now I don't speak Klingon, nor do I have any STAR TREK memorabilia, but I've been to the STAR TREK exhibit in Las Vegas (5 times) and have seen all the movies and every episode ever aired on TV.

So, all that said, if you are NOT a STAR TREK fan, you will enjoy this movie.

And if you ARE a STAR TREK fan, you will really enjoy this new movie.

I'd say that this is a pretty good action-adventure movie. I'd say this is a pretty good sci-fi movie. And I'd say this movie is the BEST of the STAR TREK series of movies ever produced. There are lots of little tid-bits and references to the various series of shows that will keep the true STAR TREK fans entertained. But the story line, writing, and visual effects of this movie stand on their own so if someone had never seen any of the previous movies or the shows, this movie would still be a good movie.

I'll give up no spoilers for those who have not seen it, but I do recommend the movie to sci-fi fans and action adventure movie fans.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I loved this movie and I'm a fan of the show. :)
Would you agree that this is the best movie of the STAR TREK series?

I was really impressed with the visual differences between this movie and all the others (including the TV series). While it was pretty much true to the series story lines, it was visually very different than anything else we've seen associated with the movies/series.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's coming to our little theater on the 5th and 6th of June. I'll be there. Next week we are showing the "Night at the Museum : Battle of the Smithsonian". I'll be there too. Where else can you go on a Friday or Saturday night for $5 per adult and $3 for kids under 11 unless you want to go to the Saturday matinee for $3? Did I mention that our Select Theater doesn't make a huge profit. :clap::clap::clap:

Kei

Would you agree that this is the best movie of the STAR TREK series?

I was really impressed with the visual differences between this movie and all the others (including the TV series). While it was pretty much true to the series story lines, it was visually very different than anything else we've seen associated with the movies/series.
Yes certainly the best of the series. It not only looked different but it didn't stop with the action. Before halfway through the movie it dawns on you that the movie will not slow down so you were always waiting to see what happen next. The movie also had a nice amount of humor and banter which gave it that old series touch. :)