• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Baby born at Abortion clinic thrown in trash - ALIVE!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't care if you favor abortion or oppose it, this is f****ng sick.

I've found several versions of this story, all seem to report the same thing. The baby was born alive, at just 1 week under 6 months. Its lungs filled with air and it was breathing. It was stuffed in a "bio-hazard" bag while it was alive and it was thrown in the trash.

Here: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,488644,00.html
and here: http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2009/jan/09013009.html
and below:

02/05/09 02:15 PM http://www.buffalonews.com/260/story/570428.html

Fla. doctor investigated in badly botched abortion

By CHRISTINE ARMARIO
Associated Press Writer

Eighteen and pregnant, Sycloria Williams went to an abortion clinic outside Miami and paid $1,200 for Dr. Pierre Jean-Jacque Renelique to terminate her 23-week pregnancy.

Three days later, she sat in a reclining chair, medicated to dilate her cervix and otherwise get her ready for the procedure.

Only Renelique didn't arrive in time. According to Williams and the Florida Department of Health, she went into labor and delivered a live baby girl.

What Williams and the Health Department say happened next has shocked people on both sides of the abortion debate: One of the clinic's owners, who has no medical license, cut the infant's umbilical cord. Williams says the woman placed the baby in a plastic biohazard bag and threw it out.

Police recovered the decomposing remains in a cardboard box a week later after getting anonymous tips.

"I don't care what your politics are, what your morals are, this should not be happening in our community," said Tom Pennekamp, a Miami attorney representing Williams in her lawsuit against Renelique (ren-uh-LEEK') and the clinic owners.

The state Board of Medicine is to hear Renelique's case in Tampa on Friday and determine whether to strip his license. The state attorney's homicide division is investigating, though no charges have been filed. Terry Chavez, a spokeswoman with the Miami-Dade County State Attorney's Office, said this week that prosecutors were nearing a decision.

Renelique's attorney, Joseph Harrison, called the allegations at best "misguided and incomplete" in an e-mail to The Associated Press. He didn't provide details.

The case has riled the anti-abortion community, which contends the clinic's actions constitute murder.

"The baby was just treated as a piece of garbage," said Tom Brejcha, president of The Thomas More Society, a law firm that is also representing Williams. "People all over the country are just aghast."

Even those who support abortion rights are concerned about the allegations.

"It really disturbed me," said Joanne Sterner, president of the Broward County chapter of the National Organization for Women, after reviewing the administrative complaint against Renelique. "I know that there are clinics out there like this. And I hope that we can keep (women) from going to these types of clinics."

According to state records, Renelique received his medical training at the State University of Haiti. In 1991, he completed a four-year residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Interfaith Medical Center in New York.

New York records show that Renelique has made at least five medical malpractice payments in the past decade, the circumstances of which were not detailed in the filings.

Several attempts to reach Renelique were unsuccessful. Some of his office numbers were disconnected, no home number could be found and he did not return messages left with his attorney.
Williams struggled with the decision to have an abortion, Pennekamp said. She declined an interview request made through him.

She concluded she didn't have the resources or maturity to raise a child, he said, and went to the Miramar Women's Center on July 17, 2006. Sonograms indicated she was 23 weeks pregnant, according to the Department of Health. She met Renelique at a second clinic two days later. Renelique gave Williams laminaria, a drug that dilates the cervix, and prescribed three other medications, according to the administrative complaint filed by the Health Department. She was told to go to yet another clinic, A Gyn Diagnostic Center in Hialeah, where the procedure would be performed the next day, on July 20, 2006.

Williams arrived in the morning and was given more medication.

The Department of Health account continues as follows: Just before noon she began to feel ill. The clinic contacted Renelique. Two hours later, he still hadn't shown up. Williams went into labor and delivered the baby.

"She came face to face with a human being," Pennekamp said. "And that changed everything."

The complaint says one of the clinic owners, Belkis Gonzalez came in and cut the umbilical cord with scissors, then placed the baby in a plastic bag, and the bag in a trash can.

Williams' lawsuit offers a cruder account: She says Gonzalez knocked the baby off the recliner chair where she had given birth, onto the floor. The baby's umbilical cord was not clamped, allowing her to bleed out. Gonzalez scooped the baby, placenta and afterbirth into a red plastic biohazard bag and threw it out.

No working telephone number could be found for Gonzalez, and an attorney who has represented the clinic in the past did not return a message.
At 23 weeks, an otherwise healthy fetus would have a slim but legitimate chance of survival.

Quadruplets born at 23 weeks last year at The Nebraska Medical Center survived.

An autopsy determined Williams' baby - she named her Shanice - had filled her lungs with air, meaning she had been born alive, according to the Department of Health. The cause of death was listed as extreme prematurity.

The Department of Health believes Renelique committed malpractice by failing to ensure that licensed personnel would be present when Williams was there, among other missteps.

The department wants the Board of Medicine, a separate agency, to permanently revoke Renelique's license, among other penalties. His license is currently restricted, permitting him to only perform abortions when another licensed physician is present and can review his medical records.

Should prosecutors file murder charges, they'd have to prove the baby was born alive, said Robert Batey, a professor of criminal law at Stetson University College of Law in Gulfport. The defense might contend that the child would have died anyway, but most courts would not allow that argument, he said.

"Hastening the death of an individual who is terminally ill is still considered causing the death of that individual," Batey said. "And I think a court would rule similarly in this type of case."

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sad to say Bob , but nothing surprises me anymore. I bet they get off with just a slap on the wrist by some liberal judge.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
And we are giving out tax payers dollars to this type of crap. Shame on the United States. No one can say that this child was not a "living being" at the time.

Barnyard Bob

And we are giving out tax payers dollars to this type of crap. Shame on the United States. No one can say that this child was not a "living being" at the time.
And we are so luckey to have the new Government of change, :sad:
That kind of thing is just fine with them!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- A doctor's license was revoked Friday in the case of a teenager who planned to have an abortion but instead gave birth to a baby she says was killed when clinic staffers put it into a plastic bag and threw it in the trash.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/06/florida.abortion/index.html

I am very glad that this doctor won't be able to practice anymore. I just hope they shut down the whole string of clinics that were involved in this!

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
string them up, 13 foot tree, 10 ft of rope..........these are not doctors, they are worse than animals.

mak2

And we are so luckey to have the new Government of change, :sad:
That kind of thing is just fine with them!

GWB did not get the laws changed in 8 years. Be pissed off at him. Obama has been in office a few weeks. I am not saying he cares either..... I am so anti abortion but I am also anti capital punishemnt for nearly the same reason.
ah nevermind.

mak2

Nobody seemed to bother or care when Israeli bombs killed 300 children in Gaza!

I dont think anyone, liberal or conservative, doesnt care when children get killed.

Or maybe both dont care, I never thought of that.

Conservatives are pro war and libs are pro abortion. Maybe there really is no hope for the world.

ncroamer65

This situation the Dr. if he is one should be charged with manslauter.
If there is a medicial problem and an abortion is necessary to save
either child or mother I can agree with. That is a tuff choice.
The anti-Abortion people at times turn my stomach(sp)by the
way they act while dimanstrating(sp). Case in point, a young lady
I worked with related that when she and her boyfriend went to
an office building which among other things housed an abortion
clinic at which a protest was being staged. As the couple approched
the offices a protester ran up to the woman and stuck a decappatated
doll baby in her face and yelled "Don't do it,don't do it". The lady
was going to a dentist office in the same building. :whistling: :whistling:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nobody seemed to bother or care when Israeli bombs killed 300 children in Gaza!
Actually I think a lot of people were amazed at the extreme care that Israel took in minimizing the civilian deaths. Had Hamas not used civilian rooftops, schools, daycare centers and shopping centers as 'cover' for their attacks then there would have been even fewer civilian deaths. Facts are facts, the deaths of most of the civilians in Gaza lay firmly at the feet of the Hamas militia leaders.

I have never and I say again never seen or heard of an animal having or doing abortions.
Yup, humans are far worse than animals.

daedong

I also don't think that the issue of abortion is a politically sided issue in general, it has nothing to do with Conservative or liberal politics. I will bet there are Pro choice conservatives and anti abortion liberals. Why does everyone put left and right into every debate.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I think one has to be pretty sick to perform abortions. I can not see how someone could defame or destroy a life. Sickening.

Deerlope

They do, however, often eat/or neglect their young!

An adult female animal will sometimes kill their own at birth because they know if something is wrong with it. The males will eat the new borns so they will have less competition in the future.

daedong

An adult female animal will sometimes kill their own at birth because they know if something is wrong with it. The males will eat the new borns so they will have less competition in the future.

I don't know what your point is, but you are not entirely correct, its incomplete.

And some women choose to terminate a pregnancy because they know something is wrong with the fetus. And it is not for me to judge what women do.

daedong

What makes it a fetus and not a baby?

Would you judge the same woman if she "terminated" the baby after it was born?

Medically it is a fetus until born

Any judgment on my part would depend entirely on the circumstances. I do not even make a judgment on people that are charged with murder until I am happy that I know all facts.

AndyM

Charter Member
Medically it is a fetus until born

What medical changes does the actual baby go through during his or her trip through the birth canal, other than breathing on its own outside of his or her mother's womb?

Do you ask women "when is the baby due" or "when will the fetus become a baby"?

I do not even make a judgment on people that are charged with murder until I am happy that I know all facts.

I asked if you would judge the same woman if she "terminated" the baby after it was born... Do you believe there is justifiable murder of a newborn baby?

daedong

What medical changes does the actual baby go through during his or her trip through the birth canal, other than breathing on its own outside of his or her mother's womb?

Plenty they require feeding, protection from the elements but above all become a separate individual entity. There are many other physiological changes but I don't see the point in going into them.

Do you ask women "when is the baby due" or "when will the fetus become a baby"?
Like everyone I use the lay term, but as I have posted above there are many differences between pre and post birth.

I asked if you would judge the same woman if she "terminated" the baby after it was born... Do you believe there is justifiable murder of a newborn baby?
I think I have answered that here
Any judgment on my part would depend entirely on the circumstances. I do not even make a judgment on people that are charged with murder until I am happy that I know all facts.
I do see terminating a 12 week fetus very different to that of murder, justifiable or not.

AndyM

Charter Member
vin, thank for the replies.
i've great rebuttals to each answer, but i am typing quite slow with one hand since i am trying to get my 8 month old daughter to sleep...
in the meantime you all can listen to this...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv-Tn36Q6X4"]YouTube - SLED: Defend the Unborn with Scott Klusendorf[/ame]

have a good evening.

daedong

vin, thank for the replies.
i've great rebuttals to each answer, but i am typing quite slow with one hand since i am trying to get my 8 month old daughter to sleep...
in the meantime you all can listen to this...

have a good evening.

Andy you are lucky that you obviously can normally type fast, I'm slow at the best of times. I remember when my daughter was eight months old, and there is no way I could have typed and nursed her at the same time. Enjoy and make the most of it because before you know it she will be grown up.

1948berg

I think one has to be pretty sick to perform abortions. I can not see how someone could defame or destroy a life. Sickening.
I can understand why someone react to abortion, what I Never will understand is why the same people accepts the killing of children in war. Does anybody really think bombing of Gaza will make peace?

Attachments

• dide-child-gaza.jpg
    dide-child-gaza.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 222

daedong

I posted this once before but I will do it again to remind everyone

People make a big moral huff over abortion but turn a blind eye to all sorts of travesties/horrors. Simply hypocritical!
vulture-avvoltoio_morte-death_baby.gif

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I can understand why someone react to abortion, what I Never will understand is why the same people accepts the killing of children in war. Does anybody really think bombing of Gaza will make peace?

Gunnar,

I don't condone anyone in war. But the two parties in the war if they are not smart enough to stop fighting or even to have started in the first place I can not help that. The two parties have agreed to fight and accept the outcome. In an abortion you have an innocent life who is not strong enough yet to fight.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I posted this once before but I will do it again to remind everyone

People make a big moral huff over abortion but turn a blind eye to all sorts of travesties/horrors. Simply hypocritical!

Your right Vin. But I don't turn a blind eye to what you have posted. Our church sends doctors and money to a lot of them places every year. We even bring a lot of people from 3rd world countries to our city and perform major operations. We work very close with the Mayo Clinic to perform these operations, our task is getting these people back to the United States so the operations could be performed and then get them back to their country. But we are only a small organization and I believe all has to be involved.