• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Muskeg steering cylinders

J5 Bombardier

Has anyone got a parts breakdown { pictures} ,of the linkage and cylinder mounting for hydraulic steering on a Muskeg ? I'm thinking of upgrading the steering on the one I'm rebuilding.
Thanks J5 Bombardier

tracknut

GOLD Site Supporter
J5 what year is your muskeg I have 3 diffrent years 1984 1981 1972 I can email copys off the pages you need

J5 Bombardier

Looking for info on hyd steering and elec over hyd steering for a muskeg project I'm working on .
Thanks J5 Bombardier

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Still looking ,thanks J5 Bombardier

We manufacture a electric over hydraulic unit for the muskeg
using new hydraulic cylinders,electric joystick,electric brake switch,all the people that have these say they will never go back to arm srong steering

we can build these for any machine with a differential

Attachments

• IMG_2410.jpg
    IMG_2410.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 637
  • IMG_2404.jpg
    IMG_2404.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 638

J5 Bombardier

Thanks guys for the pics, very nice unit ! I'd like to see how the cylinders are mounted, cyl dia, etc. Boggie are you running around 500 psi in the system ?
Thanks J5 Bombardier

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks guys for the pics, very nice unit ! I'd like to see how the cylinders are mounted, cyl dia, etc. Boggie are you running around 500 psi in the system ?
Thanks J5 Bombardier

We have the cylinders custom made 1.5 " bore, clevis both ends with pins
about 400 psi on a muskeg and on the bigger machines like the one we just did a nodwell 110 with the digger it weighs about 35,000 pounds and it will need more pressure about 800-900 psi

J5 Bombardier

We have the cylinders custom made 1.5 " bore, clevis both ends with pins
about 400 psi on a muskeg and on the bigger machines like the one we just did a nodwell 110 with the digger it weighs about 35,000 pounds and it will need more pressure about 800-900 psi

Thanks Boggie for the info.
J5 Bombardier:thumb:

rcc

I have 2 J5's 1960 and 1964, i am fixing up the 64 and would be interested in getting more info on this steering / brake unit, price, availability, install guide...who is the mfg'r? etc.

undy

PM Boggie, or google Minnesota Outdoors and find him that way. Since they likely designed and "built" the units, they'd be the authority on 'em.